Accenture Legal encompasses many lawyers, contract management and other professionals in 47 countries, making us amongst the biggest in-house units of our kind globally. Join our team to develop solutions and implement strategic approaches that enable us to increase our shareholder value, ensure compliance and protect our assets and reputation. Our tight-knit group of global legal professionals work together to help our company and clients achieve high performance.
The Employment Law Team sits within the Compliance, Offerings, Regulatory & Ethics (CORE) function within Legal, and offers the full range of Employment Law services from advisory and litigation support on HR and Employee Relations issues to implementing compliance projects and supporting transactional matters.
Our professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at a number of levels to help you acquire and build specialized skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online and in person. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build and further develop your career.
Enjoy challenging and interesting work that requires innovation and creativity. Your entrepreneurial spirit and vision will be encouraged and rewarded, and your success will fuel opportunities for increased impact and rapid career advancement. You’ll also build the deep, valuable industry and functional expertise that will keep you relevant as you grow your career.
What you will do:
Reporting into the Employment Law Lead for Asia Pacific – Middle East and Africa, this is an exciting opportunity to work directly with key stakeholders across a workload that is both interesting and varied:
- Provide strategic and pragmatic Employment Law advice on a wide range of advisory matters to key internal stakeholders – including HR, ER, I&D, Total Rewards, Mobility, Mobilisation and Leadership.
- Oversee and provide support for litigation and pre-litigation matters, in conjunction with Employee Relations team and external counsel.
- Provide operational and strategic support for transactional matters:
- Outsourcing – negotiating and advising on contractual aspects of outsourcing deals including risk management and transition of staff into (and out from) Accenture.
- Ventures & Acquisitions – negotiating and advising on M&A/joint venture deals, including due diligence, deal execution and post-merger integration support.
- Advise on industrial relations and collective bargaining issues, particularly collective consultation requirements.
- Contribute to development of internal guidelines, toolkits, and packaged knowledge on Employment Law and business issues for the region.
- Manage and oversee external counsel relationships with law firms as appropriate, including budget management.
- Stay abreast of legal developments impacting on Accenture, its clients, and industries and incorporate it into company practices.
- Support, promote, and implement initiatives as part of Legal team.
- Counsel, guide, train and support junior colleagues as appropriate.
- Educate Leadership and key stakeholders with regard to Legal and risk management issues in the region.
- Make recommendations and escalate to your lead on material Employment Law related issues.