Moving to an AaS model is top of mind for most C-suite executives across all industries. What questions should you be asking when considering a move to AaS:
- Control and ownership in intellectual property. How will we balance transferred risk ownership for services along the value chain while retaining core IP?
- Limited demand. How is the value of AaS recognized as an industry disruptor, revenue generating mechanism, or if our competitors are reluctant to embrace AaS?
- Operational feasibility. How can my company distinguish among AaS models that are value-adds rather than operations disruptors?
- Transferred risk ownership. Does my company have the proper visibility to measure, manage and track our risks? Do we have the right SLA’s in place to minimize risk?
- Changes to operating model. Is our business prepared for the operating model shift that coincides with the AaS business model shift? What needs to change?