About Accenture Cyber Threat Intelligence (ACTI)
ACTI is a global team that spans 13 countries and 4 continents and speaks more than 30 languages. We are passionate about delivering intelligence analysis, and providing industry-leading analytic insights, cyber context, and critical services our clients need to achieve their business-line and strategic-growth initiatives. We know success is only possible by developing and supporting our most-critical resources: our talented analysts, developers, and supporting team members. We value creativity and entrepreneurship in our team; where possible, we back staff initiatives with opportunities and investments. We enjoy the hunt. We strive to automate and innovate while working with powerful resources and differentiated data. Above all else, we value an egoless approach to guiding our clients as they navigate their businesses through all aspects of the cyber domain.
Who You Are
You are passionate about cybersecurity and intelligence analysis. You stay abreast of the latest threats, recognize the value of intelligence, and believe it should drive operations. You are a devoted team member who is always willing to lend a hand, mentor a colleague, or increase our global team’s awareness by sharing your knowledge and approaches with others. You are productive, easy to work with, and understand that adherence to a good process is key to excellence.
The duties for this role will be associated with the Strategic and Industry Analysis (SIA) team. As a Strategic Intelligence Analyst with ACTI, you will report to the Lead of the SIA Team of Accenture Security’s Global Threat Team (GTT). In SIA, you will research, analyze, and report on cyber defense, technology, cyber threat actors and groups, and related political and economic conditions. This position involves in-depth research, collaboration with industry specialists and peer analysts, development and maintenance of short- and long-term research projects, production of finished intelligence for tactical and executive audiences, and the presentation of findings through briefings and external engagements. The analyst in this position would handle cyber threats specific to either the Resources (Energy, Oil and Gas, mining, etc.), retail and hospitality (hotels, restaurants, large retail chains) or public sector and healthcare and would need to have substantive experience in at least one of these industries. Foreign language ability would be a plus but is not required.
· Discover, identify, and report regularly on significant cyber threats and risks to businesses, governments, and other organizations presented by cyber threat actors and groups originating in global regions.
· Provide input regarding the ACTI mission and participate in the development and management of intelligence collection requirements.
· Develop and produce strategic intelligence reports focused on industry-level analysis of developing cybersecurity threats, events, conditions, and impacts.
· Participate in the drafting and dissemination of finished tactical and operational threat intelligence products (reports, briefings, etc.).
· Research and analyze cyber-threat actors, groups, and events to report on threatening tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs), behaviors, motivations, sponsorship, and influencing factors.
· Discover, identify, and report regularly on significant threats and risks that emerging technologies present to businesses, governments, and other organizations.
· Maintain, develop, and continuously evaluate cyber threat intelligence sources to increase effectiveness and timeliness of creating actionable threat assessments.
· Respond to client requests for information (RFIs) and participate in the drafting and production of company threat assessments.
· Develop, produce, and deliver high-level briefings and briefing materials on industry-focused cybersecurity issues and threats.
· Engage and develop relationships with peers among Accenture Security's clientele and their industries to determine client and industry intelligence requirements, reporting use cases, and feedback on ACTI products.
· Assist with Accenture Security engagements that involve on-site and remote work with clients, using subject-matter expertise to help develop, uplift, and mature ACTI operations.
· Support Accenture Security business development and marketing initiatives primarily by representing ACTI and Accenture Security as a whole at security conferences and industry gatherings.
· Author intelligence works, blogs, etc., distilling complex geopolitical trends into actionable intelligence that clients can synthesize into their decision support processes.
· Travel, occasionally, as ACTI is a client-focused organization, and this position may require doing so to address client needs, enhance deliverables, or otherwise support projects.
Here's what you need
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience, preferably in Political Science, International Relations, Economics, Information Security, or Computer Science.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in relevant industry, cyber threat, or intelligence analysis, or a related area.
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team environment.
· Ability to conduct open-source intelligence collection and analysis.
· Ability to produce intelligence products at the tactical, operational, and strategic levels.
· Familiarity with open-source intelligence (OSINT), social media intelligence (SOCMINT), human intelligence (HUMINT), and technical intelligence (TECHINT) gathering skills.
· Good understanding of the intelligence lifecycle and associated analytic methodologies (Cyber Kill Chain, Diamond Model, ATT&CK, etc.).
· Strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively communicate complex concepts at a high level while retaining meaning and highlighting features in a way that maximizes audience engagement.
· Strong problem solving and critical thinking capabilities.
· Ability to work with a high degree of independence.
· Substantive experience in either the Resources, Public sector/healthcare or Retail industries.
· Strong analytic skills.
· Minimum of basic level understanding of malware analysis
· Familiarity with industry-specific cyber defense practices.
· Flexibility to complete short-deadline assignments.
· Basic knowledge of threat intelligence and cyber defense concepts.
· Basic familiarity with cyber espionage groups and cybercrime threat campaigns, including but not limited to their associated TTPs and malicious tools.
· Basic knowledge of open-source tools, such as Shodan, Maltego, PassiveTotal, and Virus Total.
· Foreign language skills (intermediate to fluent
As required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, Accenture provides a reasonable range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only, the range of starting pay for this role is
$76,400 - $94,999 and information on benefits offered is here.
The safety and well-being of our candidates, our people and their families continues to be a top priority. Until travel restrictions change, interviews will continue to be conducted virtually.
Subject to applicable law, please be aware that Accenture requires all employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. Accenture will consider requests for accommodation to this vaccination requirement during the recruiting process.
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 700,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.