- Be proficient supporting a distributed LINUX server and Database environment - Virtual and Physical.
- Problem solve complex IT topics and take initiative to recommend and implement solutions.
- Positive attitude and user support oriented, willingness to teach and advise on technical and functional issues.
- Be required to meet short notice operational requirements.
- 3+ years experience supporting Linux/Unix systems (RedHat, CentOS, or Scientific Linux) in an enterprise production environment.
- 2+ years working with and understanding TCP/IP networking, including addressing, sub-netting, routing, and troubleshooting techniques.
- 2+ years experience with system administrative scripting. (bash, Python, etc.).
- 2+ years experience with .Net
- 2+ years experience with modern server deployment techniques including templates, kick starting, and configuration management systems, etc.
- 2+ years experience with No-SQL database server deployment and management (Cassandra, MongoDB, etc.).
- 2+ years experience with SQL database (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc)
- 2+ years experience with deployment and configuration of monitoring systems (Nagios, Cacti, etc.).
- 2+ years working with and understanding security concepts, including but not limited to firewalls, encryption, identity management, and hardening.
- 2+ years experience implementing security best practices in production environments.
- 2+ years experience with deploying and maintaining IT automation tools (Ansible, Chef, Salt, etc.).
- 2+ years experience and knowledge of DNS configuration and best practices.
- 2+ years experience with Data management and disaster recovery processes.
- 2+ years experience with mission critical Enterprise level systems and IT operations, aka "5 Nines".
Here's what you need:
- Interact and collaborate with war-fighters on a daily basis.
- Collect customer requirements and train users.
- Comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders.
- Willingness to work occasional long hour days and weekends when necessary.
- Desire to learn new technologies to share and build knowledge with the teams.
- BS in Computer Science or related field
Compensation for roles at Accenture Federal Services varies depending on a wide array of factors including but not limited to the specific office location, role, skill set and level of experience. As required by local law, Accenture Federal Services provides a reasonable range of compensation for roles that may be hired in California, Colorado, New York City or Washington as set forth below and information on benefits offered is here.
Role Location: Range of Starting Pay for role
California: $105,200 - $168,400
Colorado: $105,200 - $145,500
New York City: $121,700 - $168,400
Washington: $112,100 - $154,900
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.