Technology Strategy is no longer about how technology supports the business strategy, but how technology can create new opportunities and new value.
Technology Advisory professionals bring a unique mixture of business and technology expertise to develop strategic plans that define how technology can create value for an organization. Working at the intersection of business and technology, these strategists work alongside client leadership to define holistic strategies that combine business objectives with technology opportunities. Technology Advisory professionals must maintain deep knowledge of evolving trends and the latest advancements in technology, strategy, and management to develop innovation solutions and approaches. These professionals understand best practices and will work to define strategies that may include governance, organization structure and staffing, enterprise architecture models, business capability models, process definitions, and enterprise operating models. At their core, Technology Advisory professionals identify the most important client issues or opportunities, and maximize value by conducting rigorous analysis and developing strategic plans to address issues and/or seize opportunities. Learn more at www.accenture.com/us-en/technology-strategy-index .
Example Offerings Include:
- Digital Strategy: addressing the issues, decisions, actions and investments required in IT to create a digital business
- IT Value Strategy: shaping the direction of IT to align the overall shareholder and business vision and objectives and drive measurable improvements
- Technology Innovation and Ecosystems: exploring new and emerging technologies to create a vision of how technology will shape the future and invent the next wave of cutting-edge business solutions
- Operating Model: shaping how the IT function will need to operate to achieve the New IT and stakeholder objectives and workforce talent strategy
- Cloud Strategy: enabling companies to access IT-based services, including infrastructure, applications, platforms and business processes, via the Internet to shape organizations’ cloud journeys
- Enterprise Architecture Strategy: developing the foundation for client business and technology capabilities and execution improvement
- AI Strategy: outlining usage and effectiveness of Artificial Intelligence
What You Will Do:
- Conduct research to obtain relevant data and define client needs or problems
- Formulate hypotheses to support client/market positioning and help implement proposed solutions
- Develop Strategic Plans and Roadmaps to set federal clients and their respective organizations down a new path of achieving new and/or improved mission capabilities
- Facilitate executive sessions to assess and drive adoption of new strategic directions established by the team
- Impact analysis of current operating models and digital/technology transformation
- Produce quantitative analysis, including data analytics and financial modelling, and present case team findings to client management
- Provide solutions to complex problems requiring an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives to analyze situations
- Support the development of comprehensive technology strategies in the following areas: IT opportunity assessment, investment portfolio management, operating models, information/sourcing/ enterprise architecture strategies, target architectures, best IT practice process frameworks & delivery models
- Support senior clients and assist in establishing and implementing a vision, roadmap and governance to address present business needs and support future growth
- Identify where clients can leverage IT for greatest strategic impact, defining a target IT architecture that supports business requirements and reduces costs
- Continuously develop skillsets and remain up to date on innovative solutions, as well as provide coaching for junior consultants inside the practice
Here’s what you need:
- 5+ years of relevant strategy consulting or industry experience
- Experience leading multiple high-visibility strategy projects
- Experience leading technology or business strategy teams
Bonus points if you have:
- Ability to articulate leading business trends, including the associated technology implications within one or more industries
- Strong critical-thinking skills
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively
- Expert knowledgeable of technology lifecycles and the business of IT
- Ability to articulate how federal budgets/acquisitions, investments in innovation, governance and portfolio management, technology disruptions and mission capabilities affect one another
- Experience leading technology or business strategy teams
- US Citizenship Required
As required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, Accenture Federal Services provides a reasonable range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only, the range of starting pay for this role is $108,300 - $169,699 and information on benefits offered is here.
The safety and well-being of our candidates, our people and their families continues to be a top priority. Until travel restrictions change, interviews will continue to be conducted virtually.
Subject to applicable law, please be aware that Accenture requires all employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. Accenture will consider requests for accommodation to this vaccination requirement during the recruiting process.
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.