Position: Enterprise Architecture Manager
Location: Boston, New York, Florham Park, Hartford, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh
We are Technology Strategy and Advisory. Our vision is to become the world’s leading advisors in harnessing technology and innovation as a force to reinvent and improve every business. Our mission is to help client business executives disrupt their industry and utilize technology to capture market share.
The Enterprise Architecture practice serves as trusted advisors to business and technology leaders defining and implementing technology architectures that drive business value, manage complexity, and accelerate harmonization of the IT estate. We help our clients articulate a compelling business-driven vision and target state for Enterprise Architecture and develop roadmaps that guide successful implementation and achievement of strategic goals. As Enterprise Architects we apply industry-leading architecture principles and practices across technology, information and analytics, security, cloud, and platform architectures to influence our client’s technology agenda and shape the role of Enterprise Architecture in enabling business strategy.
A consulting ace with a passion for leveraging new and leading enterprise architectures to power business and technology transformation. You are results-oriented, self-directed and enjoy shaping, selling, and delivering strategic Enterprise Architecture client opportunities. You continually build your knowledge of emerging technology and architecture trends and apply those to develop innovative approaches to deliver value for our clients. You have a flair for breaking down issues into logical parts and constructing analyses that lead to actionable recommendations. You’ve got top notch communication and people skills and are a natural at building relationships and collaborative problem solving. As a Manager you appreciate diverse perspectives and bring out the best in teams. You have a strong aspiration to deepen your enterprise architecture expertise and play a leadership role in the Enterprise Architecture practice and broader Enterprise Architecture Community.
In Enterprise Architecture you will:
- Cultivate Accenture’s role as a trusted advisor to business and technology leaders defining and implementing enterprise architectures that drive business value, manage complexity, and accelerate harmonization of the IT estate
- Lead the design and / or implementation of enterprise architecture strategies, operating models, and roadmaps
- Evaluate the technology portfolio and identify opportunities to reuse, replace, or modernize architectural components to drive strategic value
- Assess the impact of the client’s business strategy on the architecture landscape, including organization, information, infrastructure, and applications
- Identify and define leading enterprise architecture capabilities, roles, processes, and skills
- Lead the creation of architecture blueprints and roadmaps for complex and large technology environments.
- Develop deep understanding of industry dynamics and the impact of technology trends to identify and formulate recommended changes to existing enterprise architectures
- Lead large scale technology transformation to deliver business value through the evolution and management of enterprise architectures
- Navigate through the Accenture global network and leverage relevant expertise to develop enterprise architecture insights
- Develop deep expertise and experience in Enterprise Architecture assets, frameworks, patterns, and governance
As a Manager you will:
- Lead a major workstream, driving overall team deliverables while supervising and mentoring team members
- Drive development of thought leadership, assets, and offerings that present innovative insights, guidance, and recommendations on market-relevant Enterprise Architecture topics
- Build strong relationships with senior clients that go beyond the workplace, including beginning to develop C-suite relationships; drive a spirit of collaboration and teaming with client while serving as a true trusted advisor
- Support the shaping, selling, and delivering of strategic enterprise architecture opportunities
- Engage with strategic partner ecosystem providers
- Develop self and mentor peers and junior team members
For now, all Accenture business travel, international and domestic, is currently restricted to client-essential sales/delivery activity only.
*Please note: The safety and well-being of our people continues to be our top priority, and our decisions around travel are informed by government COVID-19 response directives, recommendations from leading health authorities and guidance from a number of infectious disease experts.
Here’s What You Need:
- Minimum 1 year of advisory experience at a consulting firm
- Minimum 5 years of experience in at least 1 of the example offerings (Cloud Transformation, Industry & New Technology, Technology ROI/Cost Take Out, Operating Model, Modern Architecture, Data-Driven Enterprise)
- Minimum 5 years of experience writing business cases (quantitative and qualitative) to support strategic business initiatives, process improvement initiatives, or IT transformation
- Minimum 2 years of experience leading or managing small teams effectively including planning/structuring analytical work, facilitating team workshops, and developing technology strategy recommendations
- Bachelor’s degree
Bonus Points if:
- You have an MBA or equivalent graduate degree
- You have shown critical thinking, ability to question decisions and provide creative solutions
- You have broad, diverse experience and knowledge of major technologies (legacy to emerging)
- You can manage junior members of the team and can groom them for more responsibility
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills to manage relationships with clients
- You have strong presentation skills: ability to synthesize information and the ability to bring a message forward
- You have the ability to create and drive executive messaging
- You lead in driving insights and recommendations using data models and visualization tools, demonstrated advanced research skills
- You can develop practical roadmaps that support the enabling of technology transformation
- You can manage a variety of projects with increased complexity
- You have developed project management abilities and have reported and escalated on time to managerial level
As required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, Accenture provides a reasonable range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only, the range of starting pay for this role is $117,000 - $170,000 and information on benefits offered is here.
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
LocationsCT - Hartford,MA - Boston,NJ - Florham Park,NY - New York,PA - Philadelphia,PA - Pittsburgh
Please be aware that Accenture requires all employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. Accenture will consider requests for medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement during the recruiting process.
Complex Delivery Lead Senior Manager
Business & Technology Integration
Posted 2 days ago
Salesforce Business Analyst
Business & Technology Integration
Posted 2 days ago
SAFe Agile RTE - 4143301
Business & Technology Integration
Posted 2 days ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.