Operations Account Technology Lead
Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services—all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 537,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
In today’s business environment, growth isn’t just about building value—it's fundamental to long-term business survival. So how do organizations sustain themselves? The key is a new operating model—one that's anchored around the customer and propelled by intelligence to deliver exceptional experiences across the enterprise at speed and at scale. You will deliver breakthrough business outcomes for clients—by harnessing talent, data and intelligence to revolutionize their operating models.
Operations is one of four services that make up one Accenture –the others are Strategy and Consulting, Interactive and Technology.
The Operations Account Technology Lead will support of one or more BPS (Business Process Services) contracts. Responsibilities are to oversee technology scope in accordance with contract, ensuring high-quality, issue free delivery, including oversight of major projects and programs; understand and maintain a complete view of technology used in support of the account, including technologies provided through other Accenture entities and 3rd parties; and deliver Best Practice technology solutions. This role will function as the primary liaison to the account team and client in the delivery of technology above and beyond standard support channels. The OATL will also ensure delivery of technology through established technology organizations and channels, bringing together the best of Accenture and our partners, in support of the account; support sales and account transformation and innovation initiatives to expand the technology footprint in support of business requirements (up-sell/cross-sell) by leveraging all Technology offerings and by creating plans to get the right people involved at the account to maximize the opportunity; drive profitability and continued success though managing service quality, cost and leadership of the people delivering services across projects / programs / portfolios of all scale; and drive and manage transformation and innovation in support of Accenture’s Rotation to The New and Journey to Intelligent Operations.
Technology Service Delivery
- Ensure delivery of technology in accordance with contracts - E.g. SLAs, Security, Regulatory Compliance, Contract Deliverables
- Provide oversight of tasks and deliverables across the tech team as needed, ensuring commitments are completed on time, with quality, and within budget. Manages escalations.
- Manage technology budget across all IT groups to provide a consolidated financial view
- Work with the Client Account Team to manage IT scope to client commitments
- Serve as the initial point of contact for technology change requests, providing coordination for solutioning estimates and approvals
- Serve as the interface to client IT leadership, helping to foster effective working relationships in support of the business.
- Conduct periodic IT Service Reviews with the account team to review performance against service levels, service account issues, cost performance, continuous improvement, change requests, new business opportunities, project status, etc.
- Drive continuous improvement to achieve expectations on delivery efficiency and effectiveness, balancing cost and quality
- Achieve excellence in delivery by utilizing a strong foundation of processes, systems, measurements and controls which help deliver high performance consistently.
- Support the achievement of contract controllable income (CCI) targets and cost-to-serve targets; deliver efficiencies through technology innovation, standard processes and synergies.
- Support automation / RPA initiatives delivered in combination with other technology and business teams.
- Drive and support transformational initiatives in support of Operations.
- Interface with Account Executives (technology and business) and client executives when required, to provide strategic technology leadership and direction (especially related to technology innovation and its impact on the business functions being delivered)
- Provide continuity of technology support, as OATL is engaged and accountable from sales opportunity to mobilization / transition and through contract run.
- Assist Operations Account Lead and service delivery teams in identifying areas where technology efficiencies can be gained or where technology updates positively impact business process delivery results.
- Understands cost drivers of the technology costs in the CTA / ODE and accountable for technology support teams achieving financial targets and goals
- Work with Account Leadership during account planning sessions to better understand how technology can support the business and provide input on leveraging new technology offerings
- Help reduce escalations through monitoring and analysis of technology incidents and risks
- When needed, acts as an escalation point to the account, reducing impact by helping to navigate the incident through the various technology teams to engage the right resources to resolve the issue.
- Work with technology delivery teams (including client) to ensure issues are not only corrected but ongoing updates and final RCAs are communicated in a concise and timely fashion
Plan, Deliver and Execute Project(s) and Program(s)
- Oversee global technology initiatives and programs to success
- Address major risks/issues impacting programs
- Provide escalations support to ensure proper attention and removal of barriers
- Support sales offerings to expand the Technology footprint at the account (up-sell / cross-sell) by leveraging all Technology offerings and by creating plans to get the right people involved at account to maximize the opportunity.
Manage Client Relationships
- Develop and manage the client IT relationship
- Lead delivery professionals around the globe helping them to understand client challenges and strategic opportunities.
- Build and leverage deep understanding of the relevant market and industry to influence client strategies
- Pursue and cultivate relationships within the client organization by exhibiting industry expertise and an ability to articulate client needs considering industry dynamics/drivers
Deliver Best-Practice Technology Solutions
- Reach out and build relationships with BPS teams on innovation and transformational initiatives, such as Journey to Intelligent Operations, which may bring into scope additional tools and technologies.
- Understand and translate customer needs in/to implementable business solutions to enable long term success
- Lead or participate in presenting Accenture offerings / latest thinking to the client IT leadership – and bring the relevant experts to the client IT leadership and team as appropriate
- Contribute to the development of technology thought leadership based upon client experience and market knowledge
- Empower excellence in delivery seeing the unforeseen, delivering reliable, measurable, repeatable and predictable results with reduced risk and speed to market
- Accountable for ensuring technology solutions represent current and future business requirements
Skills & Proficiencies:
- Experienced IT professional and seasoned technologist
- Strong technology acumen
- Experience delivering in a fast pace, high growth and global environment
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
- Ability to communicate well at executive levels, both written and verbally
- Client facing / conversational skills
- Desire / drive to proactively learn about new tools and technologies, client industries and business service processes, to stay current on what is being offered
- Experience in proactively reaching out / working with leadership in different groups/teams to build positive relationship
- Proven experience driving business outcomes
- Understanding of the business processes specific to a client industry.
- Business process functional background.
- Extensive Service Management experience in IT business context - ITIL knowledge is highly advantageous for this role
- Program/Project Management methodology experience is essential
- High level financial, commercial, communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to work remotely across global teams, autonomously and pro-actively
- Demonstrate high level of gravitas and influencing skills
- Ability to talk intelligently about how technology can positivity impact the business
- Ability to frame the value technology helps the business realize
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in technology management
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing programs, projects, and teams
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer information systems, engineering, business, or related field or equivalent experience
- Experience working on business process outsourcing programs
- Client delivery experience
- Operations Support background
- Technology infrastructure background
- Technology Project Management
- Security acumen and background
As required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, Accenture provides a reasonable range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only, the range of starting pay for this role is $99,900 - $168,500 and information on benefits offered is here.
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
LocationsGA - Atlanta,IL - Chicago,MA - Boston,NC - Charlotte,TX - Austin,TX - Irving
Please be aware that Accenture requires all employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. Accenture will consider requests for medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement during the recruiting process.
Supply Chain Fulfillment Manager/Senior Manager (WMS, TMS, OMS)
Business & Technology Integration
Posted 1 day ago
Infrastructure As Code Specialist (laC) - North East
Business & Technology Integration
Posted 1 day ago
Workday Change Management Assoc Manager
Business & Technology Integration
Posted 1 day ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.