Organization: Corporate Functions/Workplace
Location: Chicago, IL
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions — underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network — Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 505,000 people serving clients in more than 200 cities with operations across 51 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Provide oversight to plan and execute meetings and event experiences for Accenture’s Mobility Meetings & Events team, in an agile, innovative and truly human way, reflecting a customer-obsessed and operationally effective approach. This includes consistently delivering exceptional customer service by fostering an environment of hospitality for Accenture clients, customers and colleagues.
Includes event planning, developing and executing meeting and event strategy, vendor and venue procurement, contracting and dealings, provision of meeting planning services/support, managing budgets, attendee registration technology, virtual meeting platform expertise, invoice reconciliation and payments. Manage event delivery and post-event facilitation, technology-related support, compliance and reporting.
- Adapts communication style and response time to consider customer seniority, situation, and support dedicated planning approach
- Provides inputs, manages or assists in the development of overall meeting venue request for proposal, proposal review and executive summary, negotiation and final recommendation in support of overall event objectives
- Works seamlessly with the Mobility organization, Accenture colleagues, and suppliers to ensure connected, consistent, compliant and efficient delivery of services to clients and customers
- Supports, manages or assists with the development and use of metrics/reporting to assess supplier spend and develop relationships to drive maximum savings for Accenture
- Uses technology to manage or support the venue sourcing process
- Coordinate event venue searches and finalize venue contract details, completing necessary procurement processes like deposits, purchase orders, billing and final reconciliation
- Establishes relationships and collaborates with internal, cross-functional teams to ensure consistent delivery of service and resolve all escalations related to venue contracting appropriately
- Uses technology to manage the planning processes for meeting, including meeting registrations, approvals, budget and actual spend, calendars, meeting logistics, attendee registrations etc.
- Assists with creating standard terms and conditions for services providers, benchmark rates and programs to help leadership/team adjust processes or sourced arrangements as appropriate
- Manages relationships and contracts with service providers to deliver value-added services and competitive costs
- Manages events and signs off/approves the completion of procurement processes such as invoice review, deposits, purchase orders, billing and final reconciliation
- Finalizes event details upon event completion including, final data in event technology tool, customer satisfaction and event debrief
- Monitors and manages compliance with existing policy and recommend changes to align with changing business needs
- Communicates policy to Accenture personnel and external suppliers
- Manages and executes on-site delivery of events
- Provides support to communicate policy to Accenture personnel and external suppliers
- Keep knowledge base updated on industry trends and apply new approaches as appropriate
Career Level Expectations
- Requires analysis and solving of complex problems; creates and manages new solutions, leveraging and, where needed, adapting existing methods and procedures
- Requires understanding of the strategic direction set by management as it relates to team goals
- Primary upward interaction is with the Meeting & Events MU Lead and Global Lead; interacts regularly with team, peers and leadership within Accenture
- Current with virtual meeting and attendee registration technology solutions
- Current with industry trends
- Innovative and resourceful; actively seeks opportunities to improve meetings and events
- Identifies and solves issues or escalate through appropriate channels or the Event Lead
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Event management for a minimum of 3 years
- Certified Meeting Professional (CMP)
- Cvent Event Management Certification
- Deep knowledge of Midwest market venues (Chicago, Milwaukee, Detroit, Minneapolis, Indianapolis, Columbus, Cleveland) (3+ years)
- Cvent Technology Meeting Management (3+ years)
- Cvent Technology Event Management (3+ years)
- Experience in Virtual Meeting platforms, must include MS Teams & MS Teams Live
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Knowledge of the hospitality industry
- Experience with high-touch, complex meetings & events
- Aptitude for customer service
- Works well under pressure
- Innovative and resourceful
- Accuracy in the completion of received tasks
- Self-starter, with an adeptness for organization
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Time and project management
- Work independently, with the ability to seek supervision as needed
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian.
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
USA MO - St. Louis
Federal - Business Operations Senior Analyst
Program, Project & Service Mgmt
Posted 1 day ago
USA CA - Walnut Creek
Service Delivery Lead
Program, Project & Service Mgmt
Posted 1 day ago
USA CA - Oakland
Event Planning Senior Analyst
Program, Project & Service Mgmt
Posted 1 day ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.