Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
People in the Sales career track grow pipeline and sales by supporting, managing or leading the origination and/or closing of sales opportunities in a specific area or across a range of Accenture offerings. They progress by deepening sales skills and/or developing new related skills, growing into more complex sales roles, laterally, upward, or in their current role.
Sales professionals drive the sales process and outcomes on a dedicated basis, growing a profitable pipeline and/or backlog of sales, through deal origination, sales negotiations and closure.
This role is aligned to Financial Services: https://www.accenture.com/us-en/banking-index
Sales Execution professionals involve multiple activities like target the right clients, grow quality pipeline, win profitable deals and manage sales activities with the objective of creating mutually beneficial, trust-based relationships that create value.
Sales Pursuit and Closure professionals represent individuals who handle and close opportunities, using deep sales process, financial services (banking, capital markets, etc.) industry knowledge, and offering expertise, through the establishment of a win strategy, ongoing qualification, coordinating all required internal approvals, identification of required resources, management of the solution/proposition development, management of client interactions during the sales process and facilitating the negotiations and closing activities. Develop relationships with key buyers and decision- makers at new and/or existing clients; protect and grow the business. Act as point of contact for resolution and escalation of all key items with the client and internal POC’s/decision makers.
Relationship Development: Develop and leverage existing relationships with potential buyers in the local region through personal meetings, presentations, speaking engagements, business networking, telephone calls, personal emails, personal mailings, business forums, direct marketing, and/or other business or social outings.
Client Demand Stimulation and Opportunity Generation: Identify specific sales opportunities within existing and prospective clients. Engage in activities focused at generating client awareness of the firm and/or demand for its Services.
Sales Process Leadership: Lead Sales Process for specific approved opportunities, complying with internal sales stage entry/exit requirements. Construct and execute opportunity plan, including win themes, win tactics & action plan, relationship plan, deal shaping and price-to-win; Review solution plans, cost models and written proposals as appropriate to ensure alignment with sales strategy, win themes, and price-to-win.
- Provides solutions to complex business problems for area(s) of responsibility where analysis of situations requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives.
- Involved in setting strategic direction to establish near term goals for area of responsibility.
- Interacts with senior management levels at a client and/or within Accenture, which involves negotiating or influencing on significant matters.
- Has latitude in decision-making and figuring out objectives and approaches to critical assignments.
- Decisions have a lasting impact on area of responsibility with the potential to impact outside area of responsibility.
- Manages large teams and/or work efforts (if in an individual contributor role) at a client or within Accenture.
Here’s what you need:
- Minimum of 5 years selling to the Banking & Capital Markets clients with deep understanding of industry landscape and trends
- Minimum of 3 years selling multi-tower deals (complex IT services, AO, IO, Journey to Cloud, digital, BPO etc.) for a major global consulting firm
- Minimum of 3 years record of sales quota attainment against a firm annual sales target
- Bachelor’s Degree
Bonus Points if you have:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in the Banking & Capital Markets clients with deep understanding of industry landscape and trends
- Experience originating and selling Banking & Capital Markets focused opportunities
- Experience with C-level and senior executive client relationship building and relationship management
- Experience with shaping, solutioning and negotiating large complex, creative, and innovative deals
- Professional Skill Requirements
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Desire to work in an information systems environment
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership and management skills
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
LocationsCT - Hartford,MA - Boston,NJ - Florham Park,NY - New York,PA - Philadelphia,PA - Pittsburgh
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.