Location: San Diego, CA
Accenture Federal Services, bringing together commercial innovation with the latest technology to unleash the potential for our federal clients. Every day we bring bold thinking and diverse disciplines to solve problems in new ways. Ready to learn as much as you can? We’ll give you numerous opportunities of formal & informal training sessions to keep your tech smarts sharp.
The Senior System Network Engineer, passionate about technology and network design to support the groundwork of a technology business. You enjoy working across different areas of systems and networks. You are driven by curiosity, always looking to dive deep into new technologies and meaningfully apply them. You want to make an impact and improve the way the world works.
- Support network design and implementation for operation centers worldwide. Responsible for the development, testing and operational use of network infrastructure on secure networks; hardware network and virtualization composition of hardware system components.
- Provide communication to trouble shoot, and complete system monitoring in the support of operational requirements.
- Conduct installation of software updates for network systems and network protocols.
- Provide training to local personnel as required.
- Assist with lab based hardware installation including rack mounting, cabling, and other networking components.
- Travel is required, including both domestic and foreign; on-site support for up to 30 days may be required.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in network design.
- Associate Degree in Computer Science, information technology, networking OR an additional two years work experience with hardware tech support in lieu of a degree.
- Cisco CCNA certification or CCNP.
- Knowledge with Linux Operating Systems.
- US Citizenship required; dual citizens not eligible.
- You have experience with VPN options for remote systems.
- You have experience with security features for router/switch and other firewall devices.
- You have experience with system trouble-shooting and performance issues.
- You have experience with review and/or penetration testing on active networks.
- You have prior US Military experience.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture Federal Services.
Accenture Federal Services is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture Federal Services is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.