Innovators who ask and answer the What If questions that help organizations imagine new futures and make them a reality. We have been ‘doing’ innovation for the past 25+ years, working with Fortune 500 clients across sectors. We use an experimentation-led approach to define the strategy, create the inventions and change the culture to turn organizations into human powered experimentation engines. Our values are embedded in our DNA and inform all of our decision making, not the least of which is recruitment. If this sounds like you, please apply!
A Senior Innovation Leader who will work to unlock new opportunities within the Accenture network and local market. Building relationships to sell larger, more connected projects, our Directors are responsible for driving client agendas – spotting and unlocking opportunities whilst maintaining high level strategic output. They are passionate about cracking innovation problems which stem from real human problems, provoking clients to experiment to de-risk growth. Directors work to build the team, recruiting and nurturing talent, as well as working to collaborate on projects to create a deeper pool of talent.
Directors set the tone for the business – leading the strategic agenda for our clients and the vision of success for our teams. Most critically they are our commercial engine, selling competently across our offer. They fill our pipeline whether through provoking clients in their role as trusted advisor or in pushing their team’s thinking to be audacious and impactful so it always leads to follow-on. They also take a critical role in leading our business – whether around developing our offer, creation of POVs, leading our cohorts and now integration with Accenture.
Knowledge and IP
- Ability to sell a point of view, not just have one
- Happy, comfortable and successful working in an iterative way, without a heavy reliance on standard process
- Encourages project team to try new things (through their own actions)
- Ability to redirect and course correct a project as needed
- Generates new ideas, process and structures to help us grow
- Go beyond smart strategy documents to develop real-world solutions positioned for growth
- Great story teller – collects, creates and shares stories (own and ?!)
- Razor sharp insight intuition and quick discrimination of insight and ideas
- Ability to be an intellectual juggler and operate on multiple levels on a project and on the inventing team considering the past, the task at hand and incorporating their knowledge of organization, people, politics, etc.
- Experienced and confident in designing day plans, setting up and leading workshops, moderating consumers, using stimulus and managing the necessary quantity and quality of ideas.
- Motivates and inspires teams
- Helps develop the skills of the people around them (on project and beyond)
- Can make tough calls and have tough conversations with clients
- Attracts talent, works to recruit, on-board and develop them
- Ability to clearly see business opportunities and articulate them convincingly
- Is diplomatic but firm (embodies appropriate levels of bravery)
- Can manage their own energy and others and brings passion to their work
- Writes and owns the POV and approach for new business pitches and proposals
- Creates, leads and grows long lasting client relationships, overseeing the client portfolio, unlocking new opportunities and ensuring high quality output
- Owns day-today project needs and client management
- Manages senior clients plus any big issues throughout their projects
- Can scope and cost a project accurately and in the moment
- Understands and oversees revenue management
- Delivers against their set annual new business targets
- Ensures they and their teams are working profitably
- Culture within Cultures
- Builds relationships to unlock new opportunities within Accenture
- Can collaborate with agencies/ teams in the wider Accenture network to build bigger, more connected projects
- Spots opportunities for project teams within Accenture
Here’s what you need:
Minimum 10 years business experience in strategic consulting, growth focused work, insight, branding, and/or innovation experience as well as a track record for developing new products, services and solutions to business problems.
At least 4 years’ experience building client relationships across all levels, being a trusted advisor and shaping C Suites agenda, to inspire the whole team.
At least 3 years’ proven track record of selling big projects or large scale programs
Bachelor’s Degree required
Bonus points if:
You are an idea generator comfortable working in an iterative way.
A natural Leader, you possess the demeanor, business maturity, intellect and integrity required to establish immediate credibility with key stakeholders within the company.
You are comfortable leading innovation initiatives, including expertise in design thinking, consumer insight and user experience in both corporate and consulting environments.
You are united by our 5 core values - Adventure, Impact, Passion, Love & Audacity and these come across in every project we produce as well as everyone we recruit.
For now, all Accenture business travel, international and domestic, is currently restricted to client-essential sales/delivery activity only.
Please note: The safety and well-being of our people continues to be the top priority, and our decisions around travel are informed by government COVID-19 response directives, recommendations from leading health authorities and guidance from a number of infectious disease experts.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative, more competitive and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
LocationsIL - Chicago,NY - New York
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.