Location: Arlington, VA
Accenture Federal Services, bringing together commercial innovation with the latest technology to unleash the potential for our federal clients. Every day we bring bold thinking and diverse disciplines to solve problems in new ways. Ready to learn as much as you can? We’ll give you numerous opportunities of formal & informal training sessions to keep your tech smarts sharp.
The Ruby Developer who will design, build, and configure applications to meet business process and application requirements.
- Work with product owners and colleagues to interpret feature requests and develop software in iterative design/build/test cycles using an Agile development process for a responsive web application.
- Regularly check code into our continuous integration pipeline based on Jenkins to incrementally build our overall system and get immediate feedback on build performance.
- Develop and expand unit and integration tests which will be automatically run by the build pipeline for developer feedback using JUnit and other tools like Cucumber, Jmeter, and Selenium
- 5+ years' experience with web application development
- 3+ years' experience with Ruby on Rails
- 3+ years' experience with HTML
- 2+ years' experience in using and managing change management tools such as Git, Subversion, TortoiseSVN or build server software (Jenkins/Hudson/Bamboo)
- US Citizenship required; dual citizens not eligible
Bonus points if you have:
- Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with the following technologies: CSS/SASS, Automated Testing, and Amazon Web Services Integration
- Experience with Git branching and merging
- Understanding of continuous integration and deployment best practices
- Experience with code quality inspection tools (e.g., Sonar)
- Experience with monitoring systems, continuous integration systems, middleware & database components with Chef
- Knowledge of TDD and automation test scripts
- Understanding of HTTP/S and related protocols
- Experience with other open-source DevOps tools preferred
- Experience with a wide variety of testing tools and techniques, ex. JUnit
- Experience with Functional Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, and User Acceptance Testing phases
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture Federal Services.
Accenture Federal Services is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture Federal Services is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.