Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 469,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives
Visit us at www.accenture.com.
The Insurance Operation Global Risk and Compliance Lead is responsible for overseeing all ongoing activities related to the development, implementation and maintenance of Accenture Insurance Services (AIS) risk and compliance program. They will be expected to help ensure firm compliance with applicable rules and regulations, client’s compliance requirements, as well as Accenture corporate policies as well as mitigate compliance and operational risks. This person will report directly to the Accenture Operations Risk and Compliance Officer. The Insurance Operations Global Risk and Compliance Lead should have experience leading a compliance department for a Property and Casualty, Life Insurance Carrier or Third-Party Administrator with exposure to international business as well as experience in overseeing or managing large insurance BPO deals.
- Develop, document and maintain AIS compliance program that includes risk assessments, development and maintenance of applicable policies, procedures, and guidelines and monitoring, testing and reporting protocols that are appropriately tailored to prevent, detect and correct specific compliance risks for AIS operation activities or specific to client s compliance requirements
- Provide risk and compliance advisory guidance to Accenture Operations Risk and Compliance Officer, operations management and staff, client account leads, and Accenture Corporate and other Company stakeholders on corporate and business compliance standards
- Oversee the regulatory and compliance impacts brought by the changes in the scope of activities performed by AIS within the existing contracts new products, new services, new jurisdiction and participate in the assessment review of contracts for new clients
- Oversee the management licenses in alignment with the activities delivered by AIS including the maintenance of existing licenses renewals
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 10 years of experience developing a company-wide compliance program in an insurance carrier or a third party administer
- Minimum of 8 years of experience managing a compliance department, including maintaining policies and procedures overseeing compliance risk assessment processes, implementing compliance training programs and/or remediating and monitoring potential violations of policy or law
- Master’s Degree
- Significant knowledge and understanding of the US regulatory environment for P&C and life insurance providers and third-party administrators
- Knowledge and understanding of applicable state laws and regulations that regulate P&C carriers and TPAs for P&C and Life business
- Experience with global legal and regulatory compliance frameworks and with overseeing foreign team’s local compliance activities Post COVID
- Ability to travel to the business operation locations to meet with local compliance officers and oversee the effectiveness of local compliance programs
- Demonstrated ability to influence and work effectively within a highly matrixed organization with employees at all levels in US and abroad as well as with clients of AIS
- Self-starter with the ability to meet or exceed deadlines, prioritize, multi-task, and maintain flexibility in fast paced and changing environment
- Strong problem solving and project management skills
- Excellent organizational, written, verbal and presentation skills
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative, more competitive and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.