Racking up those air miles will have to wait, as weekly non-essential travel to client sites Monday through Thursday is currently suspended. For now, all Accenture business travel, international and domestic, is currently restricted to client-essential sales/delivery activity only.
Please note: The safety and well-being of our people continues to be the top priority, and our decisions around travel are informed by government COVID-19 response directives, recommendations from leading health authorities and guidance from a number of infectious disease experts.
- 5 years of hands on experience building interesting and innovative applications, or equivalent open source contribution several projects as ongoing contributor,
- While we are looking for a mix of technologies, .NET or JEE application experience or legacy application maintenance probably don t qualify as interesting or innovative.
- 2 years of experience designing and building software systems. i.e planning out infrastructure, cloud platform components, network details etc.
- Bachelor's degree (Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Math preferred, not required) OR 4 years of military service with relevant training
- Experience explaining complex technical concepts to an executive audience. If you can explain what event sourcing or the reactor pattern are to a layperson, you've got this.
- Experience leading a product team with several agile teams working toward a common goal.
- Experience designing and leading engineering systems and DevOps, i.e managing the process of building software.
- Deep knowledge of one or more industry areas e.g. Hospitality, Banking, Insurance, Film
- Working knowledge of git
- Hands on experience with Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, or Azure; namely choosing platform components and assembling application and runtime architecture
- Experience with the Serverless framework and serverless architecture.
- Experience with microservices architectures and constituent technologies (hapijs, gokit, Spring Cloud)
- Experience with containerization and container platforms. (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Docker EE, Mesosphere)’
- Experience with Event Driven Architectures and constituent technologies (e.g. Kafka, Kinesis) and patterns (Event Sourcing, etc)
- Functional programming experience, specifically with Actor systems (Erlang, Elixir, Akka)
- Experience with embedded devices and development (mostly C, but also some Rust, etc)
- Experience with high performance networking (Quic, network layer optimization) or realtime transaction protocols/methods (HTTP2, Server Sent Events, MQTT, WebSockets)
- Experience with distributed transactional data stores (CockroachDB, Spanner, ScyllaDB, etc)
Strong Critical Thinking, Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills
Excellent Communication and Interpersonal Skills. You will be expected to communicate business value for all technical solutions all the way to the C-Suite in some cases.
Curiosity and a desire to continuously learn
Initiative-taking is required. You will likely be given an objective, some constraints, and enough detail to get started. After that, we will expect you to solve problems without hand holding.