Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: San Antonio, TX
Accenture Federal Services, bringing together commercial innovation with the latest technology to unleash the potential for our federal clients. Every day we bring bold thinking and diverse disciplines to solve problems in new ways. Ready to learn as much as you can? We’ll give you numerous opportunities of formal & informal training sessions to keep your tech smarts sharp.
A SOC Analyst looking to support the SOC in providing incident response and handling 24x7 shift work.
- Monitoring dashboards and intrusion detection and prevention systems (IDS/IPS)
- Performing initial analysis and investigation into alerts as they are seen (to include anti-virus and phishing alerts
- Performing initial malware analysis utilizing automated means
- Supporting cyber defense functions to protect our clients from cyber security incidents that have potential to cause negative impact
- Incident intake, ticket updates and reporting of cyber events
- Use SOC monitoring devices (SIEM, IDS, DLP) to review and analyze pre-defined events indicative of incidents
- Understanding, identifying and researching IOCs
- Uploading packets and evaluating source/destination activity and payloads
- Assisting in recommendations for content to detect incidents, including IOCs for blocking and detection
This position requires the ability to work a shift schedule and support coverage efforts on a 24x7x365 basis which includes work on holidays, nights, & weekends.
- 1+ years of any Cyber Work Experience
- Cyber and/or IT Work Certification (i.e Security+ Certification)
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience monitoring Antivirus, Intrusion Detection Systems, Firewalls, Active Directory, Web Proxies, Vulnerability Assessment tools and other security tools found in large enterprise network environments
- Experience working with Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) solutions is a plus
- Familiarity with various network and host based security applications and tools, such as network and host assessment/scanning tools, network and host based intrusion detection systems, and other security software packages. Host based forensics and malware analysis experience.
- Previous experience working in a large government or corporate enterprise environment.
- Experience on a Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT), Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT), Computer Security Incident Response Center (CSIRC) or a Security Operations Center (SOC).
- RSA Security Analytics / NetWitness
- Splunk, including Splunk for Enterprise Security
- RSA Archer
- McAfee ePO, HIPS
- FireEye NX, EX, HX
- EnCase Enterprise
US Citizenship - No Dual Citizenship
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.