Join Accenture and help transform top organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
Accenture’s Service Management Managers provide project management and technical expertise to partner with our clients to plan, analyze, design, test, and deploy enterprise scale end-to-end IT Service Management (ITSM) solutions. Service Management professionals can span multiple areas of expertise as they work with different client teams on different engagements.
- Lead and/or participate on a team designing, building and/or testing Service Management solutions
- Develop and deliver strategies and solutions for enterprise infrastructure operations.
- Thoroughly document all facets of Service Management solutions.
- Apply Accenture methodology, Accenture reusable assets, and previous work experience to delivery consistently high-quality work.
- Deliver written or oral status reports regularly to project leadership and/or client.
- Stay educated on new and emerging market offerings that may be of interest to our clients.
- Adapt to existing methods and procedures to create possible alternative solutions to moderately complex problems.
- Understand the strategic direction set by senior management as it relates to team goals.
- Use considerable judgment to define solution and seeks guidance on complex problems.
- Manage teams and/or work efforts (if in an independent contributor role) at a client or within Accenture.
- Support the efforts for constant cross-training and collaboration, as well as mentoring other "future SMEs"
- Provide overarching management on engagements including leading engagement planning and budgeting; mobilizing and managing engagement teams; defining deliverable structure and content; facilitating buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client; directing on-time, delivering quality work products; managing engagement economics; managing engagement risk
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent (minimum 12 years) work experience. (If Associate’s Degree, must have minimum 6 years work experience)
- Minimum of 4 years of Project Management experience serving as a team lead, technical lead and/or delivery lead.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience leading complex IT Service Management (ITSM) engagements including process, tools and organization transformation for clients across all industries.
Minimum of 4 years of professional experience in 3 of the following areas:
- Infrastructure Automation, including:
- IT teams in identifying and executing automation opportunities
- Infrastructure-as-code, orchestration of scripted processes, and/or containers
- Use of agile approaches to create and execute automation initiatives
- Service Management Transformation
- Cloud Operating Model
- ServiceNow, Service Assurance Toolsets
- Possess an understanding of IT Service Management (ITSM) principles, ITIL guidelines and how operations automation helps improve IT services and ITSM processes
- Possess an understanding of Service Management toolset such as ServiceNow, BMC, Jira etc.
- Experience reviewing and recommending Service Management process, governance, organizational and platform models, tool selections and application integration options.
- MBA or MIS advanced degree
- Previous Consulting or client service delivery experience.
- Consulting or Industry experience in developing roadmap for an overarching Enterprise Service Management strategy
- Personnel development experience (hiring, resource planning, performance feedback, etc.).
- Financial forecasting, budgeting and tracking
- Experience with Business Case creation
Professional Skills Requirements:
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral with am emphasis on presentation).
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to be flexible and work analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong organizational & multi-tasking skills.
- Strong analytical skills and thought processes.
Racking up those air miles will have to wait, as weekly non-essential travel to client sites is currently suspended. For now, all Accenture business travel, international and domestic, is currently restricted to client-essential sales/delivery activity only.
Please note: The safety and well-being of our people continues to be the top priority, and our decisions around travel are informed by government COVID-19 response directives, recommendations from leading health authorities and guidance from a number of infectious disease experts.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative, more competitive and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.