ABM Account Executive
Organization: Corporate Function/Marketing + Communications
Location: Philadelphia, Boston, New York, Atlanta, Chicago, San Francisco and DC
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions — underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network — Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With over 500,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Corporate Functions – Marketing + Communications
As part of this team, you’ll play a key role in helping Accenture execute its strategy. You’ll work with a diverse team of innovative marketing experts who focus on the following areas: global brand management and advertising; global events and sponsorships; internal communications; marketing research; media and industry analyst relations; corporate and financial communications; internet marketing; recruitment marketing; client-centric marketing; and industry, service line and geographic marketing campaigns.
YOUR ROLE: ABM Senior Account Executive
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
As a team Marketing + Communications professionals build a powerful and differentiated global brand—at the corporate, industry, capability and geographic level—that supports the Accenture business strategy, enhances long-term client relationships, inspires employees and candidates, and drives profitable growth.
Together with industry and local marketing colleagues, the North America Account Based Marketing (ABM) team works hand-in-hand with Accenture client account teams to design and deliver strategic, targeted and insight-led marketing programs. These programs aim to increase client mindshare, strengthen client relationships, and drive growth within specific North America priority accounts. The team combine the best of marketing content and events with bespoke and innovative tactics to create differentiated client experiences and campaigns to help clients understand the unique value Accenture can help them create.
The ABM Senior Account Executive is responsible for supporting the ABM Account Manager in designing and implementing marketing programs for around three to five priority accounts within one industry group and then eventually scaling up to six to eight accounts over time. In some cases, the Senior Account Executive will take the lead on managing x-account campaigns or key initiatives within an ABM program.
Together with the ABM Account Manager, you will work with account teams to develop deep insight into the client’s priorities and combine this with insight into industry and technology trends, competitive environment, and Accenture’s capabilities and experience to really understand the opportunities at the account and how best to differentiate Accenture.
Your ABM programs may support all stages of the sales lifecycle; they may:
- Inspire clients to keep Accenture front-of-mind and sow the seeds for new opportunities within the target account
- Nurture client relationships and grow interest in Accenture’s unique capabilities
- Influence client perceptions to build confidence and preference for Accenture to position us for success in strategic deals
- Advocate – build client trust and loyalty to help Accenture develop long term strategic partnerships
You will help to develop and execute an account-specific marketing strategy aligned with account priorities, blending the right mix of tactics and channels to reach and engage the target decision makers and buyers at the client. There is real opportunity to bring your creative flair to the role and you should be confident in developing and selling in new and innovative ideas to your ABM account manager and, in turn, account leadership to increase differentiation.
Throughout your programs, you will track the KPIs outlined in the marketing plans to measure and optimise your on-going impact on reputation, relationships and, ultimately, revenue.
This role therefore requires a someone with hands-on marketing experience, excellent communication, project management and stakeholder management skills – as well as an eye for design, a creative mindset and ability to delve into the detail.
Primary responsibilities include:
Project management and reporting
- Support the ABM Account Manager in the delivery of ABM programs which differentiate Accenture from competitors, help expand the number and strength of our client relationships, educate clients as to the full breadth of Accenture’s capabilities and create a preference for Accenture at key clients.
- Activities include: Tracking and updating the account marketing plan; developing agenda and materials for meetings with client account leads; sourcing relevant content and events from across the business; producing reports on client engagement and campaign performance; and making recommendations on future activity.
- Manage and support account-specific campaigns or x-account campaigns to help position Accenture for success in key deals or create awareness of our offerings and thought leadership among our priority accounts to drive new pipeline. Channels may include direct mail, events, social media, email and web.
- Activities include: Developing campaign plans and pitching them to account teams to secure budget; developing campaign messaging; implementing the campaign using Salesforce CRM system and input from internal and external teams and agencies; utilising data to optimise campaign performance; documenting lessons learnt and best practice.
- Design and develop the deliverables required as part of our ABM and deal-based marketing campaigns. Deliverables may include thought leadership, videos, websites, infographics, brochures, posters and banners – among others.
- Activities include: Writing briefs for deliverables; collaborating with our internal and external creative agencies and digital teams; managing approvals with account team; writing copy; creating simple mock-ups of emails and web pages; drafting social posts, etc.
- Provide insights to the account team on their key clients and their account. Use these insights to support the development of client-centric marketing programs.
- Activities include: Stakeholder profiling; account research; competitor research; social media connections analysis.
- Help account teams to use social media to position Accenture as thought leaders and themselves as experts in their fields.
- Activities include: Coordinating third party trainers; providing training to account teams on LinkedIn and LinkedIn Elevate.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on marketing experience, ideally in professional services or other B2B organization
- Hand-on marketing experience, ideally in professional services or other B2B organisation. Account based marketing or pursuit / deal-based marketing experience highly desirable
- Broad marketing skill set, including campaign management, deliverable development and measurement and reporting. Demonstrable experience in using different channels, including social media, email and direct mail.
- Brilliant project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM desirable, e.g. reporting, campaign set up
- Experience using Eloqua (or similar email platform) desirable
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Powerpoint and Excel
- Design skills are nice to have, but not essential
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with ability to present and convey ideas clearly and persuasively at all levels
- Strong stakeholder management skills and ability to operate and build relationships at senior levels within a large, matrixed organization
- Team player with great interpersonal skills
- Creativity, flair and innovation in how to achieve cut-through and differentiation for campaigns
- Enthusiasm, passion for marketing and can-do attitude
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian
- Your entrepreneurial spirit and vision will be rewarded, and your success will fuel opportunities for career advancement.
- You’ll make a difference for some pretty impressive clients. Accenture serves many of the Fortune Global 100 on high-profile projects.
- Opportunities to learn daily through training, assignments, and collaborating with experts across the company.
- Access to leading-edge technology.
- Along with a competitive salary, Accenture offers a comprehensive package including generous paid time off, an employee healthcare plan and a competitive 401K program. Learn more about our extensive rewards and benefits here.
LocationsCA - San Francisco,DC,DC - Washington,GA - Atlanta,IL - Chicago,MA - Boston,NY - New York,PA - Philadelphia
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.