Organization: Corporate Function/Marketing + Communications
Location: Chicago, Philadelphia, Boston, DC, and Atlanta
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions — underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network — Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With over 500,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Corporate Functions – Marketing + Communications
As part of this team, you’ll play a key role in helping Accenture execute its strategy. You’ll work with a diverse team of innovative marketing experts who focus on the following areas: global brand management and advertising; global events and sponsorships; internal communications; marketing research; media and industry analyst relations; corporate and financial communications; internet marketing; recruitment marketing; client-centric marketing; and industry, service line and geographic marketing campaigns.
YOUR ROLE: S&C Media Relations Health & Life Sciences
Media and Analysts Relations Senior Manager – Health Industry + Life Sciences Industry Lead
Accenture is looking for a dynamic public relations pro to lead the strategy, execution and coordination of a comprehensive media relations program for Accenture’s business across the healthcare and life sciences industries. It would involve a particular focus on helping healthcare payers and providers transform their organizations to deliver more effective, efficient and affordable healthcare; and a focus on life sciences companies delivering New Science solutions across medtech, precision medicine and R&D. The role is responsible for generating top tier media coverage in influential press in support of Accenture’s healthcare and life sciences industries’ objectives.
Additionally, this role is responsible for leading and implementing an executive positioning program for our healthcare and life sciences industry leads, leveraging media relations, social media, speaking engagement and awards. As part of the executive visibility program, this role also supports key internal communications initiatives. Further responsibilities include increasing industry analyst awareness of Accenture’s healthcare and life sciences strategies, capabilities and differentiation by proactively driving education initiatives and executive and business briefings with key healthcare and life sciences industry analysts.
This individual will work closely with the Health and Life Sciences marketing & communications leads as well as the Health and Life Sciences industry leads. The individual will also collaborate with national, industry, business and global media relations colleagues across the company to leverage content for relevant stories, and will complement the media relations program with social media to amplify awareness and visibility. This role reports into the Industry Media Relations Lead and is part of Accenture’s Corporate Communications function.
While there will never be a typical day at Accenture, here’s a look at some of your responsibilities.
- Create a healthcare media strategy as well as a life sciences media strategy working in synch with the marketing teams to develop messaging. For health, it would be around digital health, operational transformation, consumer experience, and high-impact consulting to help companies deliver personalized, efficient and informed care. For life sciences, it would be around New Science, precision medicine, medtech, R&D, patient services, supply chain, commercial sales & marketing, and the promotion of the INTIENT platform;
- Establish executive positioning platforms leveraging subject matter experts to target key stakeholders in the health payer and provider industries as well as the life sciences industries;
- Coach and prepare spokespeople;
- Drive the content pipeline for media relations on clients stories, research and thought leadership;
- Design a strategic approach for industry analyst relations, proactively setting up meetings with key Accenture Health and Life Sciences leads and analysts, and overseeing the responses to RFIs for reports.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team to craft proactive media and analyst outreach/briefing initiatives surrounding key industry events (eg. HIMSS, AHIP)
- Monitor the competitive landscape for media mentions and share of voice, applying this knowledge to improve Accenture’s overall position in the industry;
- Conduct and analyze market/competitor/influencer research as input to positioning and external marketing and communications plans;
- Drive the application process for industry important awards and rankings; promote wins;
- Manage and develop professional working relationships with key journalists and client peers;
- Work with industry marketing & communications team to create and execute effective social media initiatives for Health and Life Sciences industry executives.
- Ensure that industry media relations initiatives are consistent with strategic business objectives for Accenture.
- Bachelor's degree or other university degree
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in PR/corporate communications in the healthcare, payer/provider and/or pharmaceutical sector. In-house or agency
- Experience at building strong working relationship and providing strategic counsel to senior leadership
- Strong relationships with healthcare and life sciences industry and trade press.
- Able to leverage social media to augment and amplify media relations program. Broad based business acumen and ability to quickly grasp Accenture’s business strategy.
- Global perspective and understanding of business marketplace; quick thinking with an inquisitive nature and desire to learn about economic and business drives, the technology ecosystem and all aspects of Accenture’s business.
- Able to partner with and influence executives at all levels of the organization through relationship building and executive-level presence.
- Demonstrated ability to provide strategic support and counsel; issues management experience a plus.
- Exceptionally detail oriented yet equally flexible and agile. Comfortable with ambiguity.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Ability to be flexible and work analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Innovative/creative problem solving skills.
- Passion for executing deliverables and programs of the highest quality possible.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent negotiation, influence, mediation and conflict management skills.
- Strong leadership skills—team building, supervision, mentoring.
- Ability to work autonomously and independently, yet integrate and collaborate with other areas within Marketing & Communications and other areas within Accenture.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability for media measurement tools, tactics and capabilities.
- Natural storyteller with ability to connect Accenture capabilities to industry news.
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian
- Your entrepreneurial spirit and vision will be rewarded, and your success will fuel opportunities for career advancement.
- You’ll make a difference for some pretty impressive clients. Accenture serves many of the Fortune Global 100 on high-profile projects.
- Opportunities to learn daily through training, assignments, and collaborating with experts across the company.
- Access to leading-edge technology.
- Along with a competitive salary, Accenture offers a comprehensive package including generous paid time off, an employee healthcare plan and a competitive 401K program. Learn more about our extensive rewards and benefits here.
LocationsDC,DC - Washington,GA - Atlanta,IL - Chicago,MA - Boston,PA - Philadelphia
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.