Organization: Corporate Functions/Geographic Services
Location: New York
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions — underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network — Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 469,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
People in the Corporate Function career track contribute to the running of Accenture as a high- performance business through specialization within a specific functional area, and grow into internally focused roles by deepening their skills and/or developing new skills within an internal functional area.
The GAP Regional Protective Services Associate Manager is responsible for providing local risk monitoring and physical security advice and assistance to New York Metro while assisting the Regional Protective Services team with additional initiatives. Please note that this position will require you to work in the NYC office and this is not a remote position even during Covid Times.
- Has strong knowledge of Life Safety, Business Continuity and Physical Security.
- Prepares weekly status report including status, deliverable deadlines, actionable progress and attends team status meetings.
- Identifies complex or disputed issues, which have major day-to-day impact on area of responsibility and resolves with guidance from Regional Protective Services Lead/Supervisor.
- Develops and manages positive customer relationships within area of responsibility acting as a key contact for safety/security issues.
- Establishes near term goals and provides input to longer term goals within area of responsibility; contributes to long-term planning
- Performs location Life Safety, Business Continuity and Physical Security Reviews
- Deals with difficult and sensitive situations appropriately
Monitoring Risk Intelligence and Coordinating Incident Response
- Monitors local risk intelligence information and provide weekly local threat environment reports to Regional Protective Services Lead
- Coordinates and provides crisis response with Regional Protective Services Lead
- Activates network for disaster response
- Coordinates vendor/contractor response involvement
- Ensures safety and security protocols are adhered to within area of responsibility
- Plan and provide physical security for meetings involving large partner or client attendance within geographic area of responsibility.
- Coordinates on site security, medical and local law enforcement support accordingly
- Provides security and contingency planning for market level meetings and larger community meetings as requested
- Supports the Regional Protective Services Lead and investigations team with ad hoc requests
- Treats operational confidence and security with utmost sensitivity
Reports to: Regional Protective Services Lead/Supervisor
External Relationships: External security vendors
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Minimum of two years experience in security, emergency management, public service or military field
- Knowledge in contingency, disaster recovery, business continuity and evacuation planning
- Knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications.
- Knowledge of contract management.
- General understanding of investigative process
- General understanding of safety/security in a corporate environment
- General understanding of legal and corporate terminology
- Self-motivated, able to operate with a large degree of autonomy and independence.
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task to meet team and local deliverables.
- Excellent customer service oriented interpersonal and communication skills able to represent the Global Asset Protection team in front of senior leaders.
- Positive attitude and high degree of self-confidence.
- Ability to work well with all levels of management, staff and external service providers.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Exposure and demonstrated ability to work in multicultural environments
- Ability to travel 25% of time
- Ability to work overtime on short notice
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative, more competitive and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.