Accenture Federal Services, helping our federal clients tackle their toughest challenges while unleashing their fullest potential…and then some. What makes our approach so unique? Operating from the nation’s capital, we bring together commercial innovation and leading-edge technologies to deliver an integrated and interactive experience that far exceeds expectations. How? Our passion meets purpose! Through our diverse culture and inclusive thinking, we embrace our employees' ideas taking them from concept to practical solutions. Not to mention, we sleep well at night knowing our work directly impacts and improves the way the world works. We keep our tech smarts sharp by providing abundant training and certification opportunities. Are you ready to learn and grow in a career, while making a difference?
The Business Development Director (BDD) is responsible for identifying and engaging on strategic opportunities, developing new clients, driving new capabilities into their target accounts, and capturing new business, as required. The BDD is expected to continuously learn and demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of Accenture Federal Services offerings and services, financial drivers and constraints, and develop and maintain both industry and customer relationships that benefit Accenture Federal Services.
The Business Development Director (BDD) role is accountable for achieving pipeline, sales, and business development efficiency results that meet or exceed assigned targets. The role includes an individual sales contributor target comprising pipeline qualification and sales achievement, as well as cross-organizational development contributions. This position will provide Business Development and Capture support to the Armed Forces Sector within Accenture Federal Services.
Here Is What You Need:
- 5+ years successful sales experience as Business Development Manager in the federal marketplace
- 5+ years’ experience using formal sales capture processes
- 5+ years’ experience in one or more of the following: Consulting Services, Business Process Outsourcing, or Information Technology solutions, services, and markets including knowledge of competitive offerings
- 5+ years’ experience with relevant (i.e., Federal, State/Local Government) acquisition processes, procedures, and laws
- High energy level, sense of urgency, decisiveness and ability to work well under pressure
- Experience managing sales pipeline, forecasting, and closing deals
- Strong facilitation and communication skills – both written and verbal
- Proven record as a team player
- Unquestionable integrity, credibility and character
- Previous experience in conceptualizing, planning, and implementing new products or services for a large business entity
- Strong leadership, problem solving, and decision-making abilities
- Ability to interface and negotiate with senior executives
- 10+ years successful sales experience as Business Development Manager in the federal marketplace
- 5+ years’ experience with Armed Forces agency expertise
- Bachelors Degree
- Previous active duty military experience with an honorable discharge
- US Citizenship Required
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture Federal Services.
Accenture Federal Services is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Equal Employment Opportunity: All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture Federal Services is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.