Organization: Corporate Functions/Legal and Commercial Services
The Global Services Legal team is seeking to appoint a senior counsel with 10+ years legal experience to act as Digital Manufacturing & Operations Legal Lead. In-house, public sector and private practice candidates will all be considered, but experience of working with international teams in a global business, taking products and services to market, and an understanding of manufacturing are pre-requisites.
Digital Manufacturing & Operations’ mission is to help clients across Accenture’s global base in optimizing and digitizing the lifecycle of production assets and workforce, providing operational safety, efficiency and effectiveness at scale.
The work is focused on helping our clients achieve their ambitions for digital transformation within their core manufacturing and operations throughout the full lifecycle of their assets. From front end engineering design of capital projects such as plant and asset construction, public infrastructure, power grids to data centers to asset commissioning, we boost delivery certainty and performance through real time and intelligent project controls, AI-enabled engineering, mobile worker solutions, and digital twins.
For operations execution, we transform production plants, assets, and work processes to deliver step change in operational excellence. By optimizing, digitizing, connecting, and automating our clients’ operations through integrated solutions, artificial intelligence, IoT, mobility, analytics and platforms that will unlock additional value and productivity within and across production sites.
You will be part of the Global Legal Services Team, whose mission is to drive sustainable business growth for Accenture by providing deep expertise at the intersection of business strategy, industry and technology services in the development and ongoing support of client offerings in a highly dynamic environment. Accenture’s Services are:
- Strategy & Consulting is the home of our Strategy practitioners, industry and functional expertise, data insight and design and is where our Digital Manufacturing & Operations business sits.
- Interactive are a new breed of agency designed from the ground up to empower clients to own Experience, through customer-centered service design and innovation, from start to finish.
- Technology anticipates future trends and brings our solutions to clients.
- Operations provides business process services to drive business and financial outcomes for clients.
Digital Manufacturing & Operations
Digital Manufacturing & Operations plays a critical role in Accenture’s Go to Market strategy. You will act as a trusted advisor to senior business leadership, collaborating with senior stakeholders across the Business, across Legal and other Corporate Functions.
- Provide input into, and shape strategic decisions, which impact Accenture’s Go to Market approach for the Business, including conducting portfolio level risk reviews and developing risk mitigation strategies (contractual, operational and technical) across multiple jurisdictions;
- Lead cross-functional project teams (internal and external counsel) on complex, nuanced initiatives to produce high quality outcomes;
- Play a key role in escalations and Accenture’s overall governance and risk management policies & processes;
- Develop and roll out training to increase the industry acumen of Legal, and Sales & Delivery teams; and
- Utilize excellent networking and collaboration skills to cascade insights to the wider Legal organization.
- Shape Offerings & Solutions: Conduct assessments and provide recommendations and tools that mitigate risks while helping shape innovative commercial models in compliance with government frameworks, policies and processes and internal policies;
- Regulatory Compliance: Work with Accenture’s regulatory and compliance counsel to synthesize and apply regulatory and compliance advice, including future-looking projections of any anticipated regulatory changes potentially impacting the Business;
- Client Opportunity: Provide contracting tools such as guidance and templates to Business and Legal teams to enable their day-to-day contracting. You will support relevant approvals and escalations;
- Problem Projects & Delivery Issues: Support the Accenture Quality & Risk organization, litigation team and Business in the development of remediation strategies;
- Responsible Business: Work with other teams and participate in initiatives to create frameworks related to cutting edge, cross-industry topics that address technology, ethics, human rights, legal and societal issues;
- Thought Leadership: Collaborate with the Business and Legal in shaping commercial and regulatory environments through support of thought leadership activities;
- V&A: Support Accenture’s Ventures & Acquisitions Business and Legal leadership in evaluating prospective acquisition targets, development of PMI strategy and divestiture activity;
- Strategic Alliance & Partnerships: Shape new third-party strategic alliances and partnerships, including capability sourcing via vendor and resale/agency transactions; and
- Business Operations Projects: Adjust Accenture policies and procedures to accommodate the requirements of the Business.
- JD degree or equivalent degree or legal qualification.
- Admitted to the bar (or local equivalent) and in good standing or otherwise authorized to practice law.
- Minimum of 10 years’ legal experience of relevant attorney work (some of which will have been gained at a leading law firm), supporting cutting-edge technologies particularly in industry and experience of production and manufacturing methods including digital manufacturing, digital twin development and deployment and Internet of Things, extensive experience with cloud computing, software embedded in devices, artificial intelligence, robotic- based solutions and edge computing.
- A Common Law qualification is preferred.
- Experience in advising on the development and launch of new technology products, from ideation through to go to market.
- Risk analysis, appreciation and management;
- Deep expertise in relation to product liability risk and mitigation in a B2B context;
- Strong commercial & transactional, IP/IT and data protection experience and broad legal knowledge;
- Understanding of technology and global trends impacting provision of services/products, including digital tools, use of data and new technologies;
- Awareness of applicable regulatory landscapes and the effect on product development & deployment;
- Extensive experience of analysis and synthesis of complex facts and situations to achieve outcomes;
- Developing trusted relationships with senior business leaders, particularly for functions that have not worked extensively with legal;
- Strong program management and pathfinding skills, leading diverse teams to achieve defined outcomes;
- Deal shaping and innovative commercial modelling expertise;
- Ability to influence and manage multiple stakeholders and other parts of Legal to drive successful results; and
- Co-ordinating and overseeing the activities of external counsel and managing legal budget.
- Resilient, demonstrating comfort adapting to new circumstances in a dynamic and demanding workplace;
- Self-motivated, enjoy working hard and being continually challenged;
- Comfortable with ambiguity;
- Pragmatic and client-focused - enjoying talking to colleagues, understanding their requirements and helping problem solve to balance risk with commercial considerations;
- Emotionally intelligent, able to deal with people from different countries, cultures and backgrounds and with varying skill sets. You will need to be able to understand different viewpoints, motivations and thought processes to attain a legally appropriate business solution;
- A team-player, but able to work independently and unsupervised;
- Interested in technology solutions;
- Possessing of exceptional organisational and communication skills; and
- Willing to work global hours where necessary and to travel occasionally;
- Proficient at speaking English
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian.
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian.
USA VA - Chantilly
Federal - Contract Manager
Legal & Commercial Services
Senior Legal Counsel – Health & Life Sciences Global Network Legal Lead
Legal & Commercial Services
Posted 4 days ago
Corporate Investigations Counsel Associate Manager
Legal & Commercial Services
Posted 4 days ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With more than 500,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.