The Accounting & Reporting Manager supports the AFS Accounting and Reporting function within the Controllership organization.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Review of monthly contract revenue to ensure appropriate revenue recognition
- Review and approval of accounting treatment memos for significant transactions within AFS
- Perform financial due diligence procedures for potential mergers and acquisitions
- Research and communication or technical accounting guidance to AFS business leaders (including controller and CFO) on a variety of topics including revenue and cost recognition, deferred revenue, leases, fixed assets, etc.
- Review all deliverables prepared for AFS' parent Accenture LLP
- Support external annual audit including control and substantive testing
- Support the external DCAA audits such as accounting system audit
- Support other audit efforts as needed
- Approve balance sheet account reconciliations and analysis and resolve any discrepancies by working with various groups within AFS and AFS' parent Accenture LLP
- Review and submission of financial accounting deliverables provided to Accenture to support Accenture's externally filed financial statements
- Review and provide comments on AFS and its subsidiaries financial statements and provide MoM/QoQ variance analyses
- Monitor internal controls, and ensure completion on a timely basis
- Ensure compliance with AFS policies, US GAAP, and Federal cost compliance rules.
- Assist in writing AFS policies and procedures with other stakeholders in Controllership organization
- Prepare ad-hoc reporting and assist with special projects, as required
- Must be a US Citizen
- Bachelors degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance
- 7 years accounting experience to include:
- 4 years of external auditing experience
- 3 years experience auditing a public company $100M+ in annual revenue
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Ability to manage and meet deadlines
- 5 years Supervisory experience
- Federal Government Contracting industry experience
- Familiarity with Government Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), and Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR)
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint
- CPA or CPA candidate
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With more than 500,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.