Location: Baltimore, MD
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company with offices in Arlington, Virginia. Accenture's federal business has served every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Accenture Federal Services transforms bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes for clients at defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and military health organizations.
We believe that great outcomes are everything. It’s what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the world’s leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fast—the first time. So, you can deliver what matters most.
Count on us to help you embrace new ways of working, building for change and put customers at the core. A wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture, we bring over 30 years of experience serving the federal government, including every cabinet-level department. Our 7,200 dedicated colleagues and change makers work with our clients at the heart of the nation’s priorities in defense, intel, public safety, health and civilian to help you make a difference for the people you employ, serve and protect.
The Project Scheduler is responsible for support the development of work plans to fulfill government requirements, and the formulation of milestone schedules or other documented plans. The Project Scheduler is responsible for financial management and administrative activities, such as budgeting, manpower and resource planning and financial reporting. The Project Scheduler performs complex evaluations of existing procedures, processes, techniques, models, and/or systems related to management problems or contractual issues, which would require a report and recommend solutions. The Project Scheduler will develop work breakdown structures, prepare charts, tables, graphs, and diagrams to assist in analyzing problems.
- Work with Client, Accenture, and Teaming Partner team members and executives on and across the project team
- Plan and execute all required process steps as defined in our and client methodologies
- Provide project schedule support in a timely manner
- Work with Client, Accenture, and Teaming Partner team members to develop work plans to fulfill government requirements and the formulation of milestone schedules or other documented plans
- Work with Client, Accenture, and Teaming Partner team members to performs complex evaluations of existing procedures, processes, techniques, models, and/or systems related to management problems or contractual issues, which would require a report and recommend solutions
- Able to work amicably and effectively with subject matter experts and other technical personnel to resolve scheduling conflicts and effectively research and resolve data conflicts
- Able to coordinate with team leads and/or technical and functional experts to ensure key milestones and dependencies are properly identified and specified
- Able to work efficiently within deadlines to ensure accurate and comprehensive reports including schedule variances are provided within the timeframe needed
- Able to efficiently work independently and in a team as the situation requires
- Develop work breakdown structures, prepare charts, tables, graphs, and diagrams to assist in analyzing problems
- Meet service commitments for assigned deliverables and proactively provide work status
- Continuously develop industry knowledge and associated skills.
- 7 years' relevant project scheduling experience
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Project 2013
- Must be able to manage multiple, complex project schedules simultaneously
- Experience with advanced functions of Microsoft Project such as macro development, import/ export techniques and automated updates through external files/tools
- Experience with MS Office experience 2013 or greater
- 2 years’ experience as a project scheduler
- US citizenship required
- Experience with Microsoft Project Enterprise
- Strong people relation skills, ability to independently support efforts through development lifecycle
- Experience with SAFe / Agile development
- US Federal Government IT experience with a focus on Logistics
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Jobs Near You
Informatica PowerCenter Consultant
Business & Technology Integration
Oracle Cloud HCM Consultant
Business & Technology Integration
USA TX - Houston
Capability Network CFO&EV Senior Analyst
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With more than 500,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.