People in the Corporate Function career track contribute to the running of Accenture as a high- performance business through specialization within a specific functional area, and grow into internally focused roles by deepening their skills and/or developing new skills within an internal functional area.
Legal and Commercial Services professionals deliver and coordinate legal, contract and commercial advice and counsel in support of Accenture's or our clients' business, working to manage and mitigate risk and ensure ethical behavior and compliance with laws and company policies.
Contracting Legal Professionals (CLP) in Accenture’s Corporate Functions organization coordinate and deliver legal, contract and commercial counsel in support of Accenture's business. CLPs identify and help manage and mitigate risk and ensure ethical behavior and compliance with laws and company policies, while providing guidance and negotiating contracts leveraging commercial and market relevant positions.
Lead, structure, draft and negotiate complex client transactions in a fast-paced corporate environment including: master services agreements, outsourcing agreements, statements of work, service level agreements, licensing agreements, SaaS agreements, data transfer agreements, requests for proposals and agreements involving cloud, blockchain security, automation, systems integration and agile development. Advise senior company leadership on legal risks associated with transactions and understanding of the larger market. Manage and advise junior legal professionals in transactions and related matters. Act, and continuously evolve as, a knowledgeable and relevant advisor on legal and commercial risks associated with transactions while supporting Legal, Business and Sales Leadership in shaping and executing Accenture’s market-facing strategies.
Lead, structure, negotiate and close Accenture’s largest and most complex client transactions to be most advantageous from a legal and business perspective
Oversee, counsel, guide, train and support junior CLPs and, in some cases, other senior CLPs
Stay abreast of developments affecting the company, its clients, and industries and synthesize the information to incorporate it into company’s transactional practices
Educate and advise company executives with respect to legal and risk management issues
Develop subject matter expertise in one of more areas that benefit Legal and/or our business
Participate in developing internal guidelines, toolkits, and packaged knowledge capital on various legal and business issues
Support, promote and implement Legal Group initiatives
Embrace and evolve to gain expertise in the 7 Contracting attributes: Pathfinder, Architect, Business-Minded, Nonconformist, Inspired, Relevant and Tech Enabled.
- J.D. from an accredited law school
- Authorized and licensed to practice law in at least 1 jurisdiction
- Minimum 8 years of transactional experience in digital, consulting, systems integration, and/or outsourcing areas in roles with increasing responsibility, such experience should be in a law firm or in a fast-paced corporate legal/transaction group in a relevant industry
- Minimum of 4 years of experience negotiating Intellectual Property and Data Privacy issues
- Experience negotiating technology-based arrangements
- Independently manage drafting transactional documents and correspondence
- Understand basic principles of Finance, Accounting, Marketing, and Management
- Basic understanding of contracting/risk issues, including IP, as they apply to digital, consulting, systems integration, and outsourcing transactions
- Proficient in MS Office suite of products
- Accomplished negotiator with an understanding of principle-based negotiation strategy and tactics
- Proven ability to efficiently manage a large volume of transactions
- Strong executive presence
- Able to present alternatives and proposed solutions
- Strong time management, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Ability to apply judgment to broaden influence
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With more than 500,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.