Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: San Antonio, TX
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company with offices in Arlington, Virginia. Accenture's federal business has served every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Accenture Federal Services transforms bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes for clients at defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and military health organizations.
We believe that great outcomes are everything. It’s what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the world’s leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fast—the first time. So, you can deliver what matters most.
Count on us to help you embrace new ways of working, building for change and put customers at the core. A wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture, we bring over 30 years of experience serving the federal government, including every cabinet-level department. Our 7,200 dedicated colleagues and change makers work with our clients at the heart of the nation’s priorities in defense, intel, public safety, health and civilian to help you make a difference for the people you employ, serve and protect.
This skilled professional will support sustainment operations including directly troubleshooting production issues of deployed application discovery tool-based based solutions
- Primarily support environments management of application discovery tool-based solutions including release management and configuration management while adhering to applicable security policies/procedures for each environment
- Secondarily support full life cycle release deployment of application discovery tool-based solutions including COTS software version upgrades
- Periodically function as a SME within application discovery tool-based solutions (Main Appliances, Remote Collectors, including leveraging previous professional experience to provide technical knowledge to development/sustainment teammates
- Participate in quality management reviews ensuring the application design and related work products satisfy the requirements including assisting teammates to produce deliverables in compliance with standard procedures
- Effectively and comfortably support communications with clients (possessing all ranges of technical ability, personality, and disposition) including face-to-face interaction and accountability with the client on a daily basis to develop positive client relationships within own area of responsibility
- Provide necessary project management artifacts as required to team lead including status, project planning, and reporting
- Identify and communicate issues and risks to the team lead or end user to facilitate timely resolution
- Maximize personal productivity with reduced dependence on supervisor's input by structuring own or others' activities to minimize delays, wasted effort, or rework including conducting work planning/prioritization for own or others' activities
- Actively contribute to maintaining a collaborative work environment
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 2 years of professional application administration experience of Discovery and Application Dependency Mapping tools e.g. Device42, MS Movere, ServiceNow ITOM, BMC Software Helix Discovery or ADDM, RISC Network’s Cloudscape, Cloudamize, FireScope DDM, or IBM Tivoli ADDM/TADDM
- Minimum of 2 years of professional systems administration with UNIX/Linux based Operating Systems (e.g. HP-UX, RHEL, Sun Solaris, IBM AIX)
- US Citizenship - No Dual Citizenship
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Strong technical background with a minimum of 2 years of professional application administration experience for Device42 based solutions (Main Appliances, Remote Collectors, D42 modules: NW Discovery, ADM, ITAM, DCIM, IPAM, SW Vulnerability Management)
- Minimum of 2 years of professional sustainment operations experience with Device42 Main Appliances, Remote Collectors, management consoles, Device42 discovery agents and relevant technical components
- 2 years of professional application administration experience utilizing release management process and procedures to deploy developed solutions between development, testing, and production environments
- 2 years of professional experience leveraging knowledge base management/repository solutions (e.g. BMC Software Knowledge Management, ServiceNow Knowledge Base)
- 2 years of professional experience leveraging application performance management solutions (e.g. AppDynamics, Dynatrace, etc.)
- 2 years of professional experience leveraging enterprise systems, application, ad database management/monitoring solutions (e.g. BladeLogic BDSSA, BMC Software Patrol/Performance Manager, Quest Software Foglight, IBM Tivoli, HP OpenView, etc.)
- 2 years of professional experience leveraging enterprise service (help) desk solutions (e.g. BMC Software Remedy, ServiceNow)
- 2 years or more of professional experience with business, functional, and technical requirements gathering
- Strong communication and team collaboration skills
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture.
An active security
clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is a federal contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.