People in the Corporate Function career track contribute to the running of Accenture as a high- performance business through specialization within a specific functional area, and grow into internally focused roles by deepening their skills and/or developing new skills within an internal functional area.
Finance professionals prepare and interpret financial plans and reports, ensuring accuracy and compliance with applicable financial rules and regulations, including internal financial controls, to mitigate risk for the company. Finance professionals may also shape and execute client deals to maximize the use of Accenture's capital and resources, manage cash and/or liaise with the investor community.
The Technical Accounting Manager will work within the Global Controllership function with a series of responsibilities centered around technical accounting support for our business teams. You will support Senior Managers within the U. S. GAAP Technical Accounting Team, as well as the CFO, Controller, Assistant Controller and Director of Accounting Policy to help ensure our global accounting policies are consistently applied across Accenture.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Monitor and respond to general technical accounting/Policy inquiries submitted to the U.S. GAAP team by Finance employees via the ServiceNow platform. Conduct technical accounting research as needed.
- Lead the process for quarterly internal and external reporting of the Company’s third party indemnifications and guarantees, including working with the various groups within Finance to prepare detailed and summary schedules for the Company’s external auditors and its’ CFO.
- Support the Company’s year-end audit by preparing analyses for external auditors, and provide assistance to external auditors during quarterly review and annual audit process.
- Assist with the preparation of SEC filing disclosures, including global pension and post-retirement plans.
- Conduct financial analyses of the Company’s non-profit foundations.
- Manage or support the review of financial and non-financial information related to the Company’s corporate governance.
- Manage the functionality of the ServiceNow platform, including fostering ideas and opportunities for automation, simplification, and analytics.
- Act as internal controls liaison for Global Controllership to ensure quarterly control testing and assessments are performed on a timely basis.
- Assist the Technical Accounting team with the preparation, development and/or delivery of U.S. GAAP and Policy training.
- Lead/participate in other special projects or assist other groups within Global Controllership as needed.
- Flexibility to work overtime to meet required deadlines or assist client-facing teams
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum of 5 years of Finance experience, including public accounting experience or industry experience that includes accounting responsibilities such as technical accounting research or SEC reporting
- Revenue Recognition (Services); Financial Statement Analysis; Technical Accounting Research; SEC Requirements; U.S. GAAP Income Statement and Balance Sheet; Inventory & Receivables Management
- Professional Development Skills: Microsoft Office; Oral and Written Communication; Business Acumen; Innovation; Business Development/Sales; Account Planning; Relationship Management; Project Management; Teamwork and Collaboration
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.