Location: Baltimore, MD
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company with offices in Arlington, Virginia. Accenture's federal business has served every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Accenture Federal Services transforms bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes for clients at defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and military health organizations.
We believe that great outcomes are everything. It’s what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the world’s leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fast—the first time. So, you can deliver what matters most.
The SAP Application Developer is responsible for:
- Technical analysis, design/modeling, coding, debugging/troubleshooting, and testing of RICEF components.
- The SAP Application Developer is involved in maintenance, enhancement and/or development work application modules and interfaces with other applications.
- The SAP Application Developer has a range of skills and knowledge of the technologies used and applications supported.
- The SAP Application Developer is required to participate in pager/on-call support.
- The SAP Application Developer will estimate software development cost and schedule.
- Work with Client, Accenture, and Teaming Partner team members and executives on and across the project team.
- Plan and execute all required process steps as defined in our and client methodologies.
- Provide SAP application development support in a timely manner.
- Analyze, design/model, code, and test break/fix requests and enhancements to SAP modules.
- Work with Client, Accenture, and Teaming Partner team members to gather and interpret functional user/system requirements into technical design specifications.
- Develop technical system specifications for SAP components.
- Design SAP components to technical programming standards.
- Provide support toward installation of application releases into production as directed.
- Coordinate and participate in structured peer reviews / walkthroughs.
- Create operational documentation.
- Perform system, interface, and batch monitoring as required
- Meet service commitments for assigned deliverables and proactively provide work status.
- Continuously develop industry knowledge and associated skills.
- 6+ years of SAP Developer experience
- Experience Supporting one or more of the following SAP Modules: FI/COo
- Experience Supporting one or more of the following SAP Business Processes: FM, GL Accountingo
- Technical development experience in following languages/technologies/methods: ABAP (ECC 6.0 or later), LSMWs, IDoc based Interfaces, ABAP Queryo
- Experience with one or more of the following: ANSI X12, DLMS, MILSTRIP
- Exposure to Production Application Support
- Understanding of Supply Chain processes
- US Citizenship required
Preferred Skills And Qualifications:
- Experience Supporting and/or interfacing one or more of the following SAP Modules: SD, MM, PR, FI/CO, BW, Middleware/PI
- Experience Supporting one or more of the following SAP Business Processes: AR, AP, OTC, OM, CIM
- Technical development experience in any of the following technologies: S/4 HANA, BAPIs, Web-Dynpro programming
- Experience with Month-end and Year-end business processes
- Experience with SAFe / Agile development
- Experience Identifying & applying OSS notes
- US Federal Government IT experience
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With more than 500,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.