Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Greenbelt, MD
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company with offices in Arlington, Virginia. Accenture's federal business has served every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Accenture Federal Services transforms bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes for clients at defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and military health organizations.
We believe that great outcomes are everything. It’s what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the world’s leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fast—the first time. So, you can deliver what matters most.
Count on us to help you embrace new ways of working, building for change and put customers at the core. A wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture, we bring over 30 years of experience serving the federal government, including every cabinet-level department. Our 7,200 dedicated colleagues and change makers work with our clients at the heart of the nation’s priorities in defense, intel, public safety, health and civilian to help you make a difference for the people you employ, serve and protect.
The Senior Security Engineer will work seamlessly with the Security Engineering Leads to conduct security engineering activities on one of the largest AWS installations in the world, to include:
- Design, implement and monitor security measures for the protection of web sites, networks and information privacy
- Identify, define, implement system security requirements for external and internal facing web applications
- Work with the Infrastructure and Engineering Staff to incorporate tools and best practices that ensure control requirements are addressed to promote a robust security posture for the communications aspects of applications in both a private on premises data centers and public cloud offerings.
- Conduct assessments using COTS and other tools to ensure coding practices are followed and effective as well as identify risks.
- Ensure the secure design, architecture, installation, configuration, hardening, and remediation for software applications to protect organizations' sensitive information for On-Premise and Cloud environments.
- Validate that system and application design and architecture meet best practice Security standards
- Develop strategies to respond to and recover from a security breach. Information Security Engineers are also responsible for educating the workforce on information security through training and building awareness.
- Follows documented application technical approaches to assess threats and residual risks, along with specifying the implementations required for customer
- Utilizes the organization tasking tracking database, framework and application to manage security operations and make the necessary reports based on due dates, assignments, coordination requirements, percent of completion, completion and archival. Devises solutions to operational problems within the capacity and operational limitations of installed equipment.
- Analyzes change requests for security impacts to applications and provides recommendations to leadership.
- Monitors and tracks application related security defects and resolutions; assigns tasks to the appropriate working group or individual. Coordinates and facilitates working groups and integrated process teams to achieve solution.
- Assists in establishing and implementing a Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) capability within application environments to ensure integrated security controls
- Focuses on application interface management as it relates to security impacts and networking needs between Cloud and on premises Data Centers, and Cloud and Internet (VPN) users
- Works within a Sprint to ensure engineering features and enhancements include security requirements and meet Federal directives. Acts as a bridge between project teams or developers and security personnel, by being able to understand and interface in all areas. Identifies specific areas of concern related to securing sensitive data in a both a cloud and data center environment.
- Provides thought leadership to provide guidance and best practices
- Generates documentation as required.
Basic Skills & Qualifications:
- 3+ years of direct experience supporting a Security Operations Center (SOC) in an engineering or operational support capacity (i.e. system administration, operations & maintenance) with one or more of the following technologies: FireEye, RedSeal, Moloch, Phantom, Digital Guardian (DLP), Cuckoo Sandbox, Gigamon, Trustwave, DBProtect, Cylance, Splunk, Tanium, Cisco Firepower (IDS), Infoblox, and/or Vormetric.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 14 years of IT experience
- One or more related certification such as CISSP, CCNP, AWS Solutions Architect, applicable vendor certifications (Microsoft, Red Hat, etc.), Security+.
- Experienced in the acquisition, design, deployment, installation, maintenance, and usage of the Government Enterprise networks
- Experience performing Enterprise level security hardening for Windows, Linux, Android and/or iOS operating systems and SQL, Oracle, and/or RDS database solutions
- Familiarity with the NIST Risk Management Framework, Security Controls, and the Federal Information Security Modernization Act (FISMA) operating standards and applicable guidelines
- Engineering solutions within multiple Cloud Service Providers, in particular AWS.
- Understanding of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Well Architected Framework
- Experience with automating server configuration for security including logging, key changes, and system hardening.
- Knowledge of web application attacks and defense strategies including those found in the OWASP Top 10 and mobile Top 10Knowledge of encryption, key management and cryptology
- Experience with risk analysis, root cause analysis, risk identification, and risk mitigation
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Jobs Near You
Informatica PowerCenter Consultant
Business & Technology Integration
Oracle Cloud HCM Consultant
Business & Technology Integration
USA TX - Houston
Capability Network CFO&EV Senior Analyst
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With more than 500,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.