- Work with the Business and IT stakeholders to understand their vision and challenges
- Conduct a detailed assessment of data landscape including data platforms, technology architecture, data flows, data consumption, data integration and document current state
- Understand pain points in current state
- Develop future state architecture and process/data flows to realize the modern data strategy
- Architect modern data supply chain and evaluate and recommend new tools and technologies
- Guide decisioning of cloud vs on-premise environments and assist with cloud service provider selection
- Document and present data strategy to clients, gain buy in, and grow strategic relationships
- Assist in development of capability roadmap
- Participate in setting objectives, scope and develop a roadmap for the data initiatives that support the client leadership in meeting their objectives
- Own the technical relationship with the client, be a technical subject matter expert and principle data evangelist across the planning effort that intersect the data discipline
- Educate clients and internal constituents on the available technologies and general best practices
- Help building a team by mentoring junior practitioners as they build complex strategy and solutions
- Provide specialized expertise, cross-industry perspective, and Thought Leadership in Big Data, Cloud, EIM and other Next Generation technology offerings
- Provide pre-sales support across clients
- Minimum of 15 years of technology architecture experience
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in data architecture and technology
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in architecture of modern data platforms using technologies such as Big Data and Cloud
- Minimum 5 years of management consulting experience
- Experienced in architecting Data Management solutions with capabilities, such as – Data Ingestion, Data Curation, Metadata and Catalog, Data Security, Data Modeling, Data Wrangling
- Experienced in architecting and developing Data Warehousing / BI / Reporting solutions using platforms and technologies such as Hadoop, Teradata, Netezza, Greenplum, MapReduce, Spark, etc.
- Strong understanding of modern data ingestion/curation/wrangling tools/technologies such as Informatica suite (BDM, EDC, BDQ, PowerExchange, PowerCenter, etc.), Talend suite, Alteryx, Streamsets, Attunity, BI tools such as Tableau/Qlikview
- Understanding of BI/Reporting, Advanced Analytics, Data Science, AI/ML and Self-Service solutions through to warehouse design, sourcing and logical data models
- Strong in building data lifecycle management solutions including Data Lake, Data Warehouse, Data Marts, ODS, ELT and ETL, Stream/real-time/Batch processing, CDC, etc.
- Deep technical expertise with Big Data and Cloud technologies such as Hortonworks, Cloudera, AWS, MS Azure, Google Cloud, Visualization Tools, NoSQL, Graph databases
- Understanding of different data modeling techniques such as Relational modeling, Dimensional modeling, Data Vault, etc.
- Strong communication, presentation, written and facilitation skills
- Superior critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to interface with client at any level, executive to engineer
- Bachelors Degree or 12 years of professional experience
- Able to travel 100% (Monday to Thursday)
- Industry knowledge in Life Sciences, Financial Services or HealthCare
- Project management, including developing and managing a technical team, project plan, and budget
- Experience developing business case / TCO (total cost of ownership) in support of future state recommendations
- Experience in data governance and operating model
LocationsCA - El Segundo,CA - Los Angeles,CA - Sacramento,CA - San Diego,CA - San Francisco,CA - San Jose,CO - Denver,IL - Chicago,MA - Boston,MD - Annapolis,MN - Minneapolis,NJ - Edison,NJ - Florham Park,NV - Reno,NY - New York,PA - Philadelphia,TX - Dallas,TX - Houston,VA - Arlington,WA - Seattle
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement, Requesting an Accommodation, and Other Employment Statements
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs such as for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009 or send us an email.
Other Employment Statements
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.