Location: Arlington, VA
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Accenture, helps U.S. federal agencies build the government of the future. With 9,000 dedicated US employees, Accenture Federal Services is uniquely positioned to support federal agencies in shattering the status quo, achieving profound efficiencies and relentlessly delivering results. Accenture Federal Services is a long-time and trusted resource for the federal community. Every cabinet level agency in the United States-and 20 of the country's largest federal government agencies-have worked with Accenture Federal Services to achieve outcomes and move toward high performance. Join us and you can help our federal clients achieve what matters most, powering the services that touch the nation every day.
The Proposal Writer - Associate Manager leads and is responsible for authoring compliant, compelling, and responsive proposal response volumes/sections. The Proposal Writer adds value to the overall team operations through implementing innovative process improvements and generating assets to improve the team’s service delivery capabilities.
Other responsibilities include:
- Leads the development of a compelling storyline that clearly and concisely articulates Accenture’s strengths, differentiation, and value proposition in the context of customer insight through close collaboration with the account team, subject matter experts (SMEs), solution architects (SAs), and other authors
- May specialize in a proposal volume or capability such as management, technical topic areas, past performance, and editorial
- Provides volume status updates to Sales leadership
- Facilitates meetings with SMEs/SAs to capture solution information for development of compliant proposal sections and take ownership of a specific content area
- Manages content development to meet color review expectations and executes quality control functions for compliance with RFx and proposal design standards
- Conducts interviews with SMEs/SAs to translate solution ideas into colloquial terms in the written response
- Participates in pursuit strategy and solution design meetings to understand solution direction, strengths, and key solution components
- Contribute to graphics ideation
- Provides guidance, training, and subject matter expertise in proposal writing best practices and PRC standards
- Contributes content to the Content Repository
- Leads and supports operational initiatives for continuous improvement within the Writing team and across Proposal Response Center
- Proactively identifies areas of improvement, plans/implements improvements, and follows through to execute activities across the team/stakeholders to achieve continuous improvement objectives
- U.S.Citizenship required
- 5 years experience in federal government proposal development and management
- 3 years experience proposal or technical writing for multi-million dollar opportunities
- Solid knowledge of developing proposals in response to Federal Request for Proposals (RFPs)
- Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Share Point, PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat
- Must be able to understand technical concepts and convey in verbal and written form
- Must be able to effectively and simultaneously manage multiple, high volume efforts, while delivering value added and cost-effective proposals/solutions to the requestor
- Superior oral and written communication skills; excellent grammar, writing, and proofreading skills with attention to detail
- Solid organization skills, detail orientation, and ability to prioritize; Ability to deliver client-ready materials under strict deadline
- APMP Certification
- Strong record of supporting winning proposals
- Technical background
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement, Requesting an Accommodation, and Other Employment Statements
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs such as for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009 or send us an email.
Other Employment Statements
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
Jobs Near You
USA NJ - Jersey City
DevOps Engineer - Jersey City, NJ
Program, Project & Service Mgmt
Workforce Transformation Manager - Midwest
USA TN - Louisville
Location Facilities Associate
Workplace Management & Service Solutions
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.