Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company with offices in Arlington, Virginia. Accenture's federal business has served every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Accenture Federal Services transforms bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes for clients at defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and military health organizations.
We believe that great outcomes are everything. It’s what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the world’s leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fast—the first time. So you can deliver what matters most.
We offer clients a unique spectrum of end-to-end management consulting solutions that help them achieve high-performance. Our Management Consulting professionals serve as trusted advisors to C-level executives and senior client personnel on their most important issues and key priorities. You can expect to partner with our clients to shape big ideas, creatively solve business problems and fundamentally transform the way a company operates. From management consulting, you can aspire to a wide variety of leadership roles within Accenture including Client Account Lead and Domain Leadership roles.
As a Senior Manager in AFS’s Strategy and Management Consulting business, you will serve in a versatile role, solving diverse problems for senior leaders at some of the most important institutions in the federal government.
- Become a trusted advisor to senior level clients through meaningful client conversations, employing creative problem solving, and leading high-impact efforts
- Build teams of talented individuals with a hunger for transforming how the federal government works
- Bring the best of AFS across Accenture’s broad set of capabilities, from rigorous analysis that identifies highest value solutions to extensive technology capabilities that enable digital transformation
- Deepen your specific area of expertise (e.g., Strategy, Digital, Human Capital, Operations, etc.) skills on an ongoing basis; understand what is trending in the industry and be able to speak to it with knowledge and confidence with your clients and team
A professional at this position level within Accenture has the following attributes:
- Possesses strong executive presence and credibility; be a trusted advisor
- Visionary with strategy and delivery focus – ranging from how ideas can disrupt/propel our client’s business to setting strategic direction, expectations with clients and supervisors to establish near term goals for area of responsibility
- A magnet for talent with keen sense for high performing individuals
Knowledgeable about the Federal Government with public sector transformation experience
- An ability to proactively generate and build new client relationships and work to strengthen existing relationships at target clients
- Stand up and lead resulting projects with strong delivery skills and client interaction
- Ability to enter new client environments and produce results using practical skills that are easily transported between different industries
- Proven ability to develop trusted relationships at all levels
- Professional agility to easily deal with rapidly changing dynamics
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Comfort in dealing with unstructured, complex, strategic challenges
Basic Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 7 years of work experience
- Minimum 4 years of consulting work experience
- Minimum 3 years experience leading teams
- Experience in public sector
- Proven ability to support business development efforts (e.g. writing proposals, structuring/budgeting work plans, identifying and supporting development of follow-on consulting opportunities)
- Ability to influence others, and drive organizational buy-in and alignment, and facilitate change
- Ability to facilitate senior client meetings and drive conversations with firm leadership
- Results-oriented, self-directed, inquisitive, and entrepreneurial-minded
- Ability to proactively push forward and shape capture opportunities
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- MBA or equivalent graduate degree
- Experience with Federal Procurement and the ability to execute new opportunity capture
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With more than 500,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.