- Product Development and Sourcing Assessment – Many times companies have a limited view regarding their current operations and what are the primary areas most in need of development. Our team helps clients conduct this review and translate into an improvement plan tailored for their business. Examples of this include lead time reduction, segmenting product lines, developing multiple speed models for getting product to market, and so on.
- Product Development Process Design – Creation, refinement and implementation of integrated calendars in apparel and footwear, global and regional, and stage-gate processes for vertical brands, wholesalers, or private labels
- Sourcing Strategy and Cost of Goods Sold (COGS) reduction – With retailers under significant margin pressure due to rising global costs, tariffs / trade dynamics, and a fickle consumer, they seek our help to identify ways to better source their merchandise and drive tangible results. Frequently this involves a combination of sourcing goods on our clients’ behalf in addition to changing ways of working, and leveraging new technology to make their processes more efficient
- Product Development and Sourcing Organization Design and Development – Assessment of current organization design and development of central and regional support structures
- Innovation – Development of Innovation processes with a jump start in ideation of new products or services concepts
- Private Brands Optimization and Growth – Collaborate with other capabilities in our firm to assist companies achieve their Private Brands growth plans. Areas of focus include organization design, product development and sourcing process design and optimization of finished goods manufacturer portfolio
- Digital Product Creation Assessment – We are pushing the envelope on the next generation of how products are created. With PLM technology and others (e.g., Adobe Illustrator, etc.) as the backbone, we advise clients on how they can digitally transform their product creation processes to drive speed and efficiency in their product development process
- Developing plans of action to analyze, structure, and solve difficult problems
- Disaggregating and analyzing drivers of company performance
- Assessing key market and competitive dynamics through consumer research and interviews with industry experts
- Translating complex analysis and modeling into concise, insightful presentations
- Communicating frequently with clients at all levels of the organization
- In addition, consultants will develop new points of view for use in industry publications and relevant conferences
- Quickly and creatively identifying key insights from diverse sources
- Thriving under pressure and meeting tight deadlines
- Gathering, organizing and analyzing large datasets
- Constantly maintaining intellectual curiosity and initiative
- Interacting with the senior levels of firm and client leadership on a day-to-day basis
- Managing teams and coaching / developing people who may or may not have past retail experience
- Minimum of 7 yrs of Softlines retail industry experience (apparel, footwear or related retail products)
- Minimum of 3 yrs experience working in product development, sourcing or related retail merchandising experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Consulting experience
- Sourcing experience
- End to end calendar experience
- Implemented multiple speed models
- In-depth knowledge of Softlines sourcing regions (e.g., China, Vietnam, Indonesia, India, Cambodia)
- Knowledge of one or more Softlines categories (e.g., Knits, Wovens, Footwear, Handbags)
- Understanding of the Garment/Footwear manufacturing process
- MBA or equivalent graduate degree
- Demonstrated strength in quantitative analytics
- Keen problem-solving skills, including the ability to break down processes into logical components and construct clear logic and analysis
- Solid work or internship experience in a professional environment preferred
- Demonstrated leadership experience and ability to immediately contribute in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Exceptional drive and interpersonal skills
- Energy and passion about continual learning and personal development
LocationsCA - San Francisco,GA - Atlanta,IL - Chicago,NY - New York
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Jobs Near You
USA TX - Austin
Content Moderation Associate - Bilingual: Spanish/English (Austin, TX)
Business Process Delivery
Identitiy & Access Management Consultant
USA VA - Chantilly
Federal - Procurement Manager
Legal & Commercial Services
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.