Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions — underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network — Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 469,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
People in the Corporate Function career track contribute to the running of Accenture as a high- performance business through specialization within a specific functional area, and grow into internally focused roles by deepening their skills and/or developing new skills within an internal functional area.
Specifically, a Researcher in Residence will:
- Manage the delivery of the best of Accenture Research into the Innovation Hubs and similarly transfer the best thinking and opportunities from these Hubs back to the research team. For example, this researcher would share ideas with counterparts co-located at Accenture innovation hubs worldwide, including Accenture’s Dublin-based Dock, a multidisciplinary research and incubation hub and home to over 200 designers, developers and experts in artificial intelligence, analytics, IoT and research, pages https://twitter.com/accenturedock
- This research manager would proactively share research originated by the industry, business and technology research experts
- Design and execute research projects working with others across Accenture Research, even outside North America, such as with The Dock in Dublin, for example, and with its client teams and clients.
- Partner with members of the Innovation Hub to understand the pipeline of research needs; ensure the appropriate resources from the research team are focused on the correct projects and in the right way; manage the pipeline, taking responsibility for resolving any resourcing issues, ensuring quality and seamless communications throughout.
- Seek out opportunities to constantly innovate, create and invent new ways to enhance what research brings to the Innovations Hubs and to apply the best, most exciting advances in research to our work there, including Data Science and Visualization.
- To integrate value-adding research with skills related to Design Thinking so to most effectively co-create with Clients and other partners of the Innovation Architecture. (see a description of the Innovation Architecture as listed at the bottom of this document)
- Serve as an ambassador and advocate for research at The Hub internally and externally
- In regard to the Chicago role specifically, the goal is to find an internal Accenture candidate for the role – who would initially serve as a “secondment” manager candidate who would continue to be on the “Practice’s payroll” for an agreed upon period of time and upon conclusion of this “trial period,” the secondee, Chicago Hub leadership, HR and Accenture Research leadership will decide whether the candidate then will be transferred full time on to Research’s headcount. This practice has been leveraged successfully in a number of roles here in North America and exists currently with the Researcher in Residence in Detroit, as an example.
- Some travel might be required from time to time, especially for training purposes
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Post-Graduate degree/qualification in business, finance, economics, data science or design will be considered a plus but not essential
- Preferred individual having ample evidence of research experience and interest while working on degree
- Worked with a start-up, global / large private corporation or institution, research think tank or recognized research provider or design company
- Presented to senior stakeholders
- Collaborated in a team of researchers, using research tools and methodologies, including on a virtual basis
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in highly collaborative environment
- Strong knowledge of critical business and technology management issues
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a global organization
- Demonstrated ability to manage in a complex stakeholder environment
- Knowledge of and facility with social media
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Jobs Near You
Customer Experience Senior Manager
Customer Experience Manager
Boomerang- Senior Digital Strategy Planner
Portfolio and Delivery Management
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.