Location: Arlington, VA
We believe that great outcomes are everything. It’s what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the world’s leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fast—the first time. So, you can deliver what matters most.
Count on us to help you embrace new ways of working, building for change and put customers at the core. A wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture, we bring over 30 years of experience serving the federal government, including every cabinet-level department. Our 7,200 dedicated colleagues and change makers work with our clients at the heart of the nation’s priorities in defense, intel, public safety, health and civilian to help you make a difference for the people you employ, serve and protect.
What you will be doing?
- Work with product owners and team lead to interpret feature requests and develop software in iterative design/build/test cycles using an Agile development process
- Tasked with designing and developing the business’s infrastructure architecture as well as developing automated scripts meant for building development and production environments
- Monitoring the business’s site/software, ensuring standard compliance.
- Regularly check code into our continuous integration pipeline based on Gradle, Git and Jenkins to incrementally build our overall system and get immediate feedback on build performance
- Develop and expand unit and integration tests which will be automatically run by the build pipeline for developer feedback using JUnit
- Assists in resolving production support problems. Develops and suggests alternative approaches to resolving problems.
- Mentors junior member on the team
- Enforce standards and best practices
- Proactively communicates with the development and management to anticipate configuration management issues/processes
- Proactively seeks opportunities to implement improvements to internal team processes
- Contributes to an atmosphere of cross-functional teamwork within the organizations Agile project lifecycle
- 2 years experience with Linux/Unix
- 4 years recent experience developing and implementing software solutions using Java
- 3 years of experience in using and managing change management tools, Git, Subversion, TortoiseSVN, and build server software (Jenkins/Hudson/Bamboo)
- 2 Amazon Web Services Integration
- Master's Degree or 15 years experience
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science
- 2+ years experience with Ruby on Rails
- 4+ years of web based GUI development
- 2+ years experience with HTML
- 3+ years of database experience with Oracle, Hibernate, PostgresQL
- 2+ years of experience working in an agile environment
- 3+ year of Spring, RESTful and SOAP-based web services
- 3+ years’ experience operating in a VM/Cloud environment
- Solid understanding and working experience with Git branching and merging
- Understanding of continuous integration and deployment best practices
- Working experience with code quality inspection tools (e.g. Sonar)
- Working experience with monitoring systems, continuous integration systems, middleware & database components with Puppet & Chef
- Working knowledge of TDD and automation test scripts
- Prior success in deploying to production
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across multiple teams and government organizations
- Understanding of HTTP/S and related protocols
- Experience with other open-source components a plus, including Gradle, Activiti / jBPM, jQuery, MuleSoft, Geb and Spock
- Experience with a wide variety of testing tools and techniques, ex. JUnit
- Experience with Functional Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, and User Acceptance Testing phases
- Experience with managing software in a DevOps environment, to include troubleshooting build pipeline issues and managing deployments/hardware in local, test, and production environments
- Ability to work in a fast paced, constantly changing Agile environment
- Master’s Degree in a technical or business discipline
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.