Job Location: OH - Columbus
Regional Description: Midwest
Job Number: 00679693 00679693_en
Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Columbus, OH
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company with offices in Arlington, Virginia. Accenture's federal business has served every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Accenture Federal Services transforms bold ideas indies breakthrough outcomes for clients at defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and military health organizations.
We believe that great outcomes are everything. It’s what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the world’s leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fast—the first time. So, you can deliver what matters most.
Count on us to help you embrace new ways of working, building for change and put customers at the core. A wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture, we bring over 30 years of experience serving the federal government, including every cabinet-level department. Our 7,200 dedicated colleagues and change makers work with our clients at the heart of the nation’s priorities in defense, intel, public safety, health and civilian to help you make a difference for the people you employ, serve and protect.
The Specialist is responsible for analysis, design, and testing of components of SAP (ECC 6.0). The Specialist is involved in maintenance, enhancement and/or development work as a subject matter expert (SME) of SAP modules (FI/FM/BL/GL/CO) and those that interface with other business modules and applications.
The Specialist has a range of skills and knowledge of the technologies used and applications supported by Client Service Teams. The Specialist is required to participate in pager/on-call support. The Specialist reports to the Client Service Team Manager.
• Work with Client, Accenture, and Teaming Partner team members and executives on and across the project team.
• Provides SME leadership support for the Finance Compliance Team for Budget to Execute and Financial Reconciliations & Reporting end-to-end business process cycles.
• Plan and execute all required process steps as defined in our methodologies.
• Provide and own SAP application support in assigned areas.
• Anticipate, identify, track and resolve issues and risks affecting the SAP application.
• Analyze, design and test break/fix requests and enhancements to SAP modules.
• Work with Client, Accenture, and Teaming Partner team members and executives to gather and interpret user/system requirements into design specifications.
• Develop system specifications for SAP components.
• Design SAP components to functional and technical programming standards.
• Provide primary support toward installation of application releases into
production as directed.
• Coordinate and participate in structured peer reviews / walkthroughs.
• Create operational documentation for the SAP application.
• Meet service commitments for assigned deliverables and proactively provide work status.
• Continuously develop industry knowledge and associated skills.
• Coordinate work with other Specialists and Analysts across teams.
• Organize and prepare work effectively to facilitate proactive resolution of problems.
• Provide input to assist in determining level of work effort for assigned activities.
• Assist the Client Service Team Manager in monitoring budget by providing estimated-time-to-complete (ETC) and actuals for assigned tasks.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Start your search here: Enter job title, skill, experience level or city
Join the Accenture Talent Connection, follow our Careers blog, or sign up for job alerts.