Job Location: VA - Alexandria
Regional Description: Southeast
Job Number: 00669941 00669941_en
Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Alexandria, VA
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company with offices in Arlington, Virginia. Accenture's federal business has served every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Accenture Federal Services transforms bold ideas indies breakthrough outcomes for clients at defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and military health organizations.
We believe that great outcomes are everything. It’s what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the world’s leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fast—the first time. So, you can deliver what matters most.
Count on us to help you embrace new ways of working, building for change and put customers at the core. A wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture, we bring over 30 years of experience serving the federal government, including every cabinet-level department. Our 7,200 dedicated colleagues and change makers work with our clients at the heart of the nation’s priorities in defense, intel, public safety, health and civilian to help you make a difference for the people you employ, serve and protect.
Advanced Analytics, Safety & Citizen Services
The Advanced Analytics group is all about focusing on our client’s mission. Individuals in this role are expected to work as a Senior DevOps Automation Engineer and problem solver. She or he will be responsible for supporting our data science practice in creating high-impact analytics solutions for our clients.
In this role the Senior DevOps Automation Engineer will work on a small team and can switch assignments in a disciplined and fast-paced environment. She/he must be confident to tackle complex problems, and will be expected to design, develop, test, and deploy cloud technologies, including big data platforms, such as Hadoop.
The DevOps Automation Engineer will have previous experience working with AWS, big data platforms, Linux, and relational as well as NoSQL databases.
He /She will need to be innovative and entrepreneurial to work within a start-up like environment. Ability to work independently and oversee junior cloud engineers.
Must have a demonstrated track record of solving difficult problems. This role is client-facing.
• Must be a US Citizen
• Bachelor’s Degree required (Quantitative degrees preferred but not required) with 5+ years of overall professional work experience
• Demonstrates the ability to implement the architecture required to monitor a flow of data through various complex systems, while ensuring data integrity, security, and accessibility at the highest quality
• Has experience standing up AWS technologies EC2, S3, RDS, EMR, Machine Learning, Elasticsearch Service and understands their capabilities
• Has experience with setting distributed computing systems and monitor node balance, system failures, hardware/resource constraints, etc.
• Able to communicate with other teams and understand the data requirements so that the data infrastructure is compatible and suitable for Analytics and other areas
• Can implement the latest cloud technologies that would enable our data science practice to produce top notch statistical models and reports and help implement them in the customer’s environment
• ETL and query data from multiple high-volume relational and/or big data (distributed environments) repositories• Amazon Cloud Engineer. AWS solutions architect associates certified
• 2+ years of hands-on AWS Cloud deployment, security, template creation experience
• 3+ years of system implementation and experience with various databases including knowledge of PL/SQL development, relational data stores and NoSQL database
• 3+ experience in the UNIX environment (shell scripting, command line, etc.)
• Experience leading a team of developers and/or testers
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Start your search here: Enter job title, skill, experience level or city
Join the Accenture Talent Connection, follow our Careers blog, or sign up for job alerts.