Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions — underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network — Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 469,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
People in the Corporate Function career track contribute to the running of Accenture as a high- performance business through specialization within a specific functional area, and grow into internally focused roles by deepening their skills and/or developing new skills within an internal functional area..
Accenture Research uncovers trends and shapes data-driven insights through thought leadership and research for Accenture and its clients. We combine a deep understanding of our clients’ business with leading-edge research techniques to discover the most pressing issues facing organizations today.
Our team of 250+ researchers and analysts develops thought-provoking research—supported by proprietary data and partnerships with leading organizations—that guides innovations and allows us to transform theories and fresh ideas into real-world solutions for our clients.
Our team uses innovative business research techniques such as economic value modeling, analytics, crowdsourcing, expert networks, surveys, data visualization, and open research with tier-1 academic and business partners.
Accenture Research powers hundreds of points of views published by Accenture every year and handles Accenture’s exclusive network of data and sources covering all industries, countries, market trends and digital technologies. The team is part of Accenture’s Strategy Office.
We work in four main areas:
- Developing points of view: Accenture creates original, cutting-edge points of view to use with clients, the media and in conferences. Many of our projects are published and quoted in the media.
- Working directly with clients: we work alongside our colleagues from the practice to provide research to clients.
- Supporting Accenture’s growth: our researchers advise the leaders of our business on the opportunities for growth, on differentiating Accenture in the market and about our positioning relative to our competitors.
- New business opportunities: helping Accenture understand markets and companies and identifying ways in which we can help clients become high-performance businesses and governments.
Accenture Research sits at the front end of Accenture’s innovation architecture. In that position, we have an expanded need to develop and disseminate new research-backed ideas that will support Accenture’s strategic agenda and differentiate us in the market. The senior developmental editor will be a critical addition to our team and our ability to meet this need.
The Associate Editor will work with Accenture Research’s Editorial Director to:
- Work collaboratively with senior team members across the entire global group
- Shape ideas, end-to-end, that align with Accenture’s strategic messages and themes
- Write and edit of a wide variety of materials, including articles for leading business journals
- Provide secondary editing on manuscripts developed by senior editors
- Contribute to new and developing internal and external showcases of our thinking
- Collaborate with senior Marketing leaders to understand and help achieve marketing priorities
- Coach team members at all levels on the development of publication-ready thought leadership
- Help manage a complex publication pipeline that spans Accenture businesses, industries, and geographies
In addition, the person in this role must:
- Work across all time zones
- Work effectively with fluent but non-native English speakers
- Build and maintain strong partner relationships throughout the business
- Be adept at working in a complex stakeholder environment
- Maintain a consistent level of high quality across all written work
What to Expect from Us
Accenture Research is growing both numerically and in importance to the company. This new role allows you to get in on the ground floor of opportunity as we become the go-to source of innovative thinking within Accenture and take on the biggest questions that our business leaders and clients are asking.
In the first two months, we will lead you through an on-boarding process that will help get you launched and allow you to quickly contribute in many key areas. Accenture is committed to the success of its people and puts significant resources to this end in the form of training, career counseling, and opportunities for career growth. In short order, you can expect to benefit from all these forms of career development. You will also be working immediately with senior leaders in Accenture Research, in marketing and, either directly or indirectly, with top executives and their strategic priorities throughout the business.