Job Location: MD - Suitland
Regional Description: Northeast
Job Number: 00663731 00663731_en
Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Suitland, MD
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company with offices in Arlington, Virginia. Accenture's federal business has served every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Accenture Federal Services transforms bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes for clients at defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and military health organizations.
We believe that great outcomes are everything. It’s what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the world’s leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fast—the first time. So, you can deliver what matters most.
Count on us to help you embrace new ways of working, building for change and put customers at the core. A wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture, we bring over 30 years of experience serving the federal government, including every cabinet-level department. Our 7,200 dedicated colleagues and change makers work with our clients at the heart of the nation’s priorities in defense, intel, public safety, health and civilian to help you make a difference for the people you employ, serve and protect.
The Junior Software Developer will work directly with the Infrastructure Lead to define and establish the necessary application environments to support the program.
The developer will be hands-on in designing, coding, enhancing and testing of software applications to meet business process requirements.
She/he applies functional knowledge and technical expertise in the implementation of configuration changes and maintenance of software applications.
Job Responsibilities include:
• Ability to implement and develop software applications from requirements.
• Design and develop applications based on technical/functional design documents.
• Development of technical design documents (specifications) based on functional design documents (business requirements)
• Strong planning and organizing skills.
• Assess and resolve non-standard/standard issues/problems largely on own initiative.
• Creation, execution and documentation of tests necessary to ensure that an application or technical environment meets performance requirements (technical, functional and user interface)
• Maintenance, repair and performance tuning of applications.
• Manage own work product, schedules and deliverables.
• Makes decisions within parameters set by manager, using job experience.
• Seeks advice and escalates issues when faced with tasks/problems outside normal scope of job.
The Junior Developer has the ability and desire to work across relevant Custom technologies. Technologies include (not exhaustive)
• Experience in implementing Web application.
• Content Management Systems.
• Open Source Frameworks.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Start your search here: Enter job title, skill, experience level or city
Join the Accenture Talent Connection, follow our Careers blog, or sign up for job alerts.