- Explore and define new research areas and plans within the research agenda of the R&D group.
- Implement, provide guidance to a a high performant team, and execute projects within the R&D group.
- Ability to quickly develop a research from beginning into a well formed idea for a product and present yourself as an advisor in that area of research.
- Build on ideas and directions provided by leads and stakeholders in order to achieve high quality deliverables.
- Build on concepts in a very dynamic environment and be seen as highly differentiated technology experts within their domain.
- Find and nurture collaborative research between academia and industry and fuse ideas into current research
- Actively participate in their technology community by building relationships and serving as a technology expert when working with clients or client teams.
- Actively participate and serve in the research community (e.g., conferences, consortiums, workshops) and build university relationships.
- Explore and apply for research grants from internal (Accenture partners and clients) and external funding organizations (e.g., DoE, DoD, DARPA, EPA, DHS, NSF)
- Masters or PhD Degree in Computer Science, Technology, Engineering, or similar scientific area
- 2 years application development experience using programming languages such as Python, Java, Scala, C#, .NET, etc
- 2 years of experience creating prototypes that apply and test new ideas related to next generation architecture, robotics, quantum computing, edge analytics and computing, data management architectures, big data, etc
- 2 years experience of application based research
- Manage and define a research program along with associated team members
- Proven ability to create a project plan and execute against it
- Proven ability to motivate and lead a high performance team
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership and management skill
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Jobs Near You
USA CA - San Francisco
SAP BW4 HANA Senior Manager
Business & Technology Integration
Digital Transformation Consultant
Utility Industry Management Consulting, Transmission & Distribuion, NE Region
Industry Solutions & Services