- Dive into applied industry domains and thoroughly understand our client’s critical challenges
- Devise new solutions to these challenges by applying deep skills in machine learning, NLP, optimization, and related disciplines.
- Explore and define new research problems within the research agenda of the AI group.
- Implement and execute projects within the AI group.
- Build on ideas provided by leads and stakeholders and produce high quality deliverables.
- Actively participate in their technology community by building relationships and serving as a technology expert when working with clients or client teams.
- Actively participate and serve in the research community (e.g., conferences, consortiums, workshops) and build university relationships.
- Explore and apply for research grants from internal (Accenture partners and clients) and external funding organizations (e.g., DoE, DoD, DARPA, EPA, DHS, NSF)
- Pursue research projects agreed upon with R&D leads, participating in both their conception and technical development.
- Supervise and mentor more junior developers to successfully complete their responsibilities and assist with career progression
- Build prototypes – bringing concepts to initial implementations – including design, coding to testing
- Apply and reshape prototypes in pioneering engagements based on clients’ needs and drive toward successful deployment in the clients’ IT environment
- Continuously learn new technology areas that are mission-aligned to the R&D group
- Participate in projects as a representative within a functional, technical or industry area of expertise
- Discuss issues or trends within area of expertise to raise client and/or Accenture awareness
- Act as a contributor in medium critical situations, either internally for Accenture or at client engagement(s) pertaining to a functional, technical or business area of expertise
- Actively contribute to Accenture points of view, Knowledge Exchange, discussion boards, etc.
- Publish and present research papers in top tier conferences, workshops and journals
- Serve as reviewer, technical program community, and/or panelist in conferences and workshops
- Work confidently with internal networks and other thought leaders formers on key relevant issues.
- Demonstrate expertise internally (e.g. presentations to internal audiences, participates in community of practice, etc.)
- Build deep relationships with teams in partner organizations
- Build deep relationships with researchers from academia and other research labs
- Actively contribute to the technology community and establish external reputation as expert.
- PhD or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related Scientific field
- 2 years of experience creating prototypes that apply and test new ideas related to Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- 2+ years of application development experience related to Artificial Intelligence
- Experience conducting research/advanced R&D in area relevant to AI, Machine Learning, NLP or related disciplines
- 2+ years of experience using 2 or more programming languages, such as C#, Python, Java, Scala, .NET, etc
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Proven ability to create a project plan and execute against it
- Proven ability to motivate, lead a high performance team
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership and management skills
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.