This Senior Accountant supports the AFS General Accounting function within the Controllership organization. They are responsible for performing various general ledger and financial reporting activities, including preparation of month-end journal entries and related account reconciliations and analysis.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Participate in monthly consolidated close, including extended work hours during close to meet deadlines
- Prepare journal entries in accordance with GAAP
- Perform balance sheet account reconciliations and analysis and resolve any discrepancies with minimal supervision
- Review work performed by analysts on the general accounting team
- Document and monitor internal controls
- Evaluate and recommend improvements in accounting procedures and processes
- Communicate with cross-functional teams within AFS and Accenture to perform operational accounting duties
- Ensure compliance with AFS policies, US GAAP, and Federal cost compliance rules
- Prepare ad-hoc reporting and assist with special projects, as required
Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Minimum 2 years accounting experience
- Good organizational skills and able to manage and meet deadlines
- Good communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Preferred Federal Government Contracting industry experience
- CPA or CPA candidate
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require now or in the future sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
-Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
US Citizenship Required.
Accenture is a federal contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.