- Track a broad range of emerging technologies that are poised to transform the human-machine interface and become deep experts in some of these.
- Dive deeply into application areas that are relevant to Accenture and clients, to understand where the most critical challenges, and most promising opportunities lie.
- Envision, prototype, and pilot new solutions to these challenges by applying deep skills in HCI and related paradigms.
- Define and lead new research projects within the research group’s overall agenda.
- Help shape and build on ideas provided by group leads and stakeholders, and produce high quality deliverables.
- Manage and execute projects through some combination of prototype development, empirical research, thought leadership.
- Actively participate in their technology community by building relationships and serving as a technology expert when working with clients or client teams.
- Actively participate and serve in the research community (e.g., conferences, consortiums, workshops) and build university relationships.
- Explore and apply for research grants from internal (Accenture partners and clients) and external funding organizations
- Lead research projects agreed upon with R&D group leads, participating in both their conception and technical development.
- Supervise and mentor more junior researchers and research engineers to successfully complete their responsibilities and assist with career progression
- Lead development of prototypes – including design, development and testing
- Help lead pioneering engagements of their research, based on clients’ needs and drive toward successful deployment in the clients’ IT environment
- Continuously learn new technology areas that are mission-aligned to the R&D group
- Participate in projects as a representative within a functional, technical or industry area of expertise
- Discuss issues or trends within area of expertise to raise client and/or Accenture awareness
- Act as a contributor in medium critical situations, either internally for Accenture or at client engagement(s) pertaining to a functional, technical or business area of expertise
- Shape and lead development of internal and external thought leadership, both more and less formal, targeted for various audiences.
- Publish and present research papers in top tier conferences, workshops and journals
- Serve as reviewer, technical program community, and/or panelist in conferences and workshops
- Work confidently with internal networks and other thought leaders formers on key relevant issues.
- Demonstrate expertise internally (e.g. presentations to internal audiences, participates in community of practice, etc.)
- Build deep relationships with teams in partner organizations
- Build deep relationships with researchers from academia and other research labs
- Actively contribute to the technology community and establish external reputation as expert.
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or a related scientific field
- 4 years of experience managing research/advanced R&D related to human-computer interaction (HCI)
- 5 years of experience creating prototypes that apply and test new ideas related to HCI
- 3+ years of experience using 2 or more programming languages, such as C#, Python, Java, Scala, .NET, etc
- Experience with Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, Extended Reality, Human Machine & Robotics, adaptive design
- Ability to travel based on client needs (up to 25%)
- Proven ability to create a project plan and execute against it
- Proven ability to motivate, lead a high performance team
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment \
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership and management skills
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Jobs Near You
USA TX - San Antonio
Federal - ServiceNow Business Analyst
Product, Service & Offering Development
Sourcing and Procurement Management Consultant- Northeast
USA IA - Des Moines