Job Location: IL - Chicago
Regional Description: Midwest
Job Number: 00599579 00599579_en
The digital revolution is changing everything, transforming how we work and play. Are you reacting to the disruption each day or are you leading the way as a digital disrupter? Accenture Digital is driving these exciting changes and bringing them to life across 40 industries in more than 120 countries. At the forefront of digital, you’ll create it, own it and make it a reality for clients looking to better serve their connected customers and operate always-on enterprises. Join us and become an integral part of our experienced digital team with the credibility, expertise and insight clients depend on.
Accenture Digital is powered by three practices – Interactive, Mobility and Analytics. Accenture Interactive helps the world’s leading brands delight their customers and deliver superior business performance and customer experiences. As part of Accenture Interactive Delivery, you’ll balance art and science to create award-winning digital experiences for today’s connected consumers through integrated and dynamic solutions that incorporate strategy, marketing, creative and technology.
While most people have no idea what you do or how you do it, you know exactly what it takes to collaborate, ideate and provide technical guidance to help bring your clients’ brands to life. And they rely heavily on your skills and expertise as you translate the creative vision into technical implementations and integrate with back end technologies. If you are passionate about developing rich interactive digital solutions that move a brand forward, we’d like to meet you.
YOUR ROLE: Front End Development Architect
While there will never be a typical day at Accenture Interactive, we’ve highlighted a few of your exciting responsibilities.
• Provide technical leadership on enterprise scale front-end web and application projects while concurrently overseeing other development teams on several projects; possibly across different offices and geographies
• Strong attention to detail and understanding of UX and visual design concepts to provide leadership perspective on front and backend technologies and the overall impact on the UX and creative process
• Oversee and participate in design, architecture, documentation, development, debugging, and deployment efforts while addressing cross-browser and cross-platform concepts and concerns
• Create project estimates, define scope requirements, structure projects, develop coding standards, methodology and repeatable processes
• Create and distribute reusable sales and delivery content to internal and external design, business, sales, technical counterparts, and leadership to hone their knowledge of FED and the focus area
• Identify opportunities for research and development in the area of focus, and build innovative prototypes that demonstrate our industry leadership
• Apply strong business and client facing abilities to support business development opportunities and build long-term relationships in addition to manage project delivery
• Mentor associate developers both from technical and career path perspectives
YOUR EXPERIENCE: Basic Qualifications
• 5+ years of experience working at an advertising, design, or consulting agency, web startup
• 3+ years of leading projects and development teams
• 5+ years of experience with:
• Adobe Creative Suite
• 1+ years of experience with Responsive Design, grid frameworks (Bootstrap, Foundation, etc.), and developing on multi-platform/multi-browser compatibility (IE 8+, Chrome, Firefox, and Safari) on Mac, PC, tablets and mobile devices
• 2+ years of experience with React architecture
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or software engineering or at least 8 years of software development experience
SET YOURSELF APART: Preferred Skills
• 5-7 years of experience with:
o Responsive Design methodologies and techniques
o CSS Preprocessors (LESS or SASS)
o Template engines (Jade, Handlebars, or Lo-Dash)
o HTML5shiv, RespondJS, and Modernizer
o Consumption of RESTful web APIs or web services
o Version control (SVN and GIT)
• Experience using Agile/Scrum process to develop large-scale eCommerce and content management websites (using platforms such as Hybris, AEM, etc.)
• Experience in creating project estimates, defining scope requirements, and structuring projects
• Experience leading near and off shore teams
• Ability to solve complex development problems and produce the highest quality code while striving to push the technical boundaries of online applications
• Ability to work quickly while maintaining strong attention to detail and accuracy while adhering to W3C and accessibility guidelines
• Strong communication and organizational skills with an ability to thrive in a fast-paced production deadline-driven environment both internal and client facing
• Bachelor’s degree (Master’s a plus) in Computer Science / Marketing / Advertising / Interactive Design / Graphic Design or equivalent experience
WHERE YOU LIVE: Within 90 minutes of the Chicago Accenture Office
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
CALL TO ACTION
Now is the time to become a digital disrupter. The opportunity is here—what’s stopping you from pursuing it?
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. Job Candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Start your search here: Enter job title, skill, experience level or city
Join the Accenture Talent Connection, follow our Careers blog, or sign up for job alerts.