Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
People in our Client Delivery & Operations career track drive delivery and capability excellence through the design, development and/or delivery of a solution, service, capability or offering. They grow into delivery-focused roles, and can progress within their current role, laterally or upward.
The “Regional Google Cloud Platform (GCP) Solution Architect Lead” is responsible for providing pre-sales cloud support from lead qualification through hands-off of a signed proposal to the Accenture delivery team for Google Cloud Platform (GCP) based deals. The ideal candidate would also be responsible for developing and delivering cloud solutions to meet today’s high demand in areas such as AI/ML, IoT, advanced analytics, open source, enterprise collaboration, micro services, server less, etc. The Regional Google Cloud Platform (GCP) Solution Architect lead will work with cloud partners and other internal groups to evaluate supporting new technologies and industry specific use cases based on client needs. Using Google Cloud Platform (GCP) public cloud technologies, our Solution Architects professionals implement state-of-the-art, scalable, high performance solutions that meet the need of today’s corporate and emerging digital applications.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Through a formal sales process, work with the Sales team to identify and qualify Google Cloud Platform (GCP) opportunities.
- Lead cloud solution and scoping to generate estimates and approaches for proposals and SOWs for customers.
- Conduct full technical discovery, identifying pain points, business and technical requirements, “as is” and “to be” scenarios.
- Assess the full technology stack of services required including PaaS (Platform as-a-service), IaaS (Infrastructure as-a-service), SaaS (software as-a-service), operations, management and automation.
- Lead the discussions and early analysis of the cloud concepts as it relates to Accenture’s Journey to Cloud methodology so that clear use cases are developed and prioritized as well as transitioning these concepts from ideas to proof-of-concepts with the full support of the appropriate teams.
- Compare solution alternatives across both technical and business parameters which support the define cost and service requirements.
- Apply Accenture methodology, Accenture reusable assets, and previous work experience to delivery consistently high-quality work.
- Deliver written or oral status reports regularly.
- Stay educated on new and emerging technologies/patterns/methodologies and market offerings that may be of interest to our clients.
- Adapt to existing methods and procedures to create possible alternative solutions to moderately complex problems.
- Understand the strategic direction set by senior management as it relates to team goals.
- Use considerable judgment to define solution and seeks guidance on complex problems.
- Prepare and deliver product messaging in an effort to highlight value proposition and unique differentiators.
- Primary upward interaction is with direct supervisor. May interact with peers and/or management levels at a client and/or within Accenture. Establish methods and procedures on new assignments with guidance.
- Manage small teams of pre-sales Solution Architects and/or work efforts (if in an independent contributor role) at a client or within Accenture.
- Extensive travel may be required.