Organization: Corporate Functions/Marketing and Communications
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
People in the Corporate Function career track contribute to the running of Accenture as a high- performance business through specialization within a specific functional area, and grow into internally focused roles by deepening their skills and/or developing new skills within an internal functional area.
Marketing and Communications professionals build a powerful and differentiated global brand—at the corporate, industry, capability and geographic levels—that supports the Accenture strategy; enhances long-term client relationships; inspires employees and candidates; and drives profitable revenue growth.
This senior manager role will lead and drive the development of the strategy and execution of the marketing and communications plan for Accelerated R&D Services. The individual is accountable for the marketing strategy, conception, design, resourcing, rollout/execution, measurement, reporting and overall performance of this growing part of our life sciences practice. This individual contributes both strategic thinking, overall positioning and messaging as well as campaign design and execution across all areas of the business. This individual is able to effectively divide his/her time based on the prioritization of the areas by Life Sciences and Accelerated R&D Services business strategy and leadership. This person will also oversee all marketing activities related to Accenture Scientific Informatics Services (part of Accelerated R&D Services but also extends into other industries) and our Emerging Biopharma segment.
Key initiatives include: strategic marketing plan development, thought leadership/research/issues-based marketing initiatives and campaigns; services/product marketing strategies and campaigns; digital and social media programs, acquisitions in the space, internal awareness programs, sales support programs, relationship building initiatives; and developing and maximizing Accenture participation at alliance and industry events. This person will liaise with and support the Media and Analyst teams and collaborate with the Accenture Growth Platforms, Businesses and Alliances as well as other industry groups as appropriate (e.g., Health and Public Service) helping select, package and disseminate materials related to the areas of responsibility.
- Significantly increase market and client awareness, knowledge and preference for Accenture's capabilities, services, platforms, assets and offerings in Accelerated R&D Services through high impact, global, multi-channel integrated marketing campaigns.
- Differentiate Accenture from competitors and create a unique, distinctive and substantiated positioning for Accenture across the full scope of the business and within each domain area (Research, Clinical, Patient Safety/PV and Regulatory).
- Ensure alignment of marketing activities with sales efforts and help contribute to lead generation.
- Develop highly effective, global multi-channel, integrated marketing campaigns for select large clients that result in greater, more meaningful interactions, broader and better relationships and expand and enhance Accenture’s positioning at the client.
- Identify and contribute to opportunity centric marketing campaigns for must-win deals in the R&D space
Relationships: Accelerated R&D Services leadership Team.
Reports to: Global Life Sciences Marketing Lead
Develop and execute global, multichannel, content-led, issues based integrated marketing strategies and plans in Accelerated R&D Services,
- Conduct and analyze market/competitor/target client research as input to positioning and external marketing and communications plans
- Develop differentiated messaging and positioning, customized by customer segment, business area, geography, channel and/or tactic as needed.
- Lead the development of thought leadership and research, working closely with content owners.
- Lead the development and execution of marketing campaigns related to thought leadership/research including managing all resources and third party service providers (e.g. approved agencies, designers, writers) and program budgets
- Create and develop marketing collateral, including sales brochures, asset development, online diagnostics, presentations, handouts, fact sheets, videos
- Lead the development of all digital marketing programs including blogging, online articles, social media (paid and organic) related to R&D working in conjunction with the digital marketing lead/team for life sciences
- Identify and lead development of externally approved credentials and references
- Work closely with media relations team on key PR opportunities and analyst relations
- Define, track and report metrics to assess effectiveness of marketing programs and initiatives
- Provide marketing counsel to junior members of the team
- Identify and provide strategic counsel on big deals/OCM in areas of responsibility in addition to occasionally leading full marketing program and support of key deals
- Plan and manage investment and/ or operations budget items in areas of responsibility
- Travel domestically and/ or internationally as needed