With growth in traveler and documentation complexity, border posts are busier than ever and automated border clearance provides fast and secure processing, freeing up capacity of border agencies for intelligence-led border control.
Large-scale matching biometric solutions are making automated border clearance possible. With 35 percent of current travelers holding biometric documents, automated border control technologies use multi-model biometric matching to process low-risk passengers while border agents can focus on second-line processing.
Based on Accenture’s experience designing, implementing and running border clearance solutions, together with dedicated R&D facilities for identity and border clearance solutions, our experience shows that automated border clearance makes better use of existing infrastructures and offers:
- Increased capacity by up to four times.
- Enhanced security by focusing on intelligence-led border control.
- Lower cost per transaction.
- Flexibility that adapts to traveler profiles.
- Improved revenues through faster traveler border clearance.
- Better passenger facilitation.
- A future-proof solution that can adapt to future legislation.
- Watch videos from our clients and our team during Biometrics 2011
- Read Accenture’s point of view, Insights into Automated Border Clearance.
- For more on Accenture Automated Border Clearance, please contact Cyrille Bataller.
- Cyrille Bataller, Accenture Technology Labs presents Insights into Automated Border Clearance at Biometrics 2010, London