At Fjord, Design Leadership drives creativity and innovation at all levels. Our Design
Leadership invests itself in strengthening the relationships between our teams, our
clients, our work, and the people who use our products and services every day.
As Group Design Director, you’ll own the design practice and delivery at the studio
level. You’ll be responsible for leading multidisciplinary teams to produce quality
design work for our clients. You’ll also establish processes, estimate level of effort,
and liaise with other Directors across the region to facilitate knowledge sharing.
This is your opportunity to evolve integrated design as both a discipline and a
practice on a global scale.
As a team, we:
- Lead and inspire design teams and individuals.
- Provide oversight and lead design activities across client and internal projects.
- Create opportunities to solve business challenges with design excellence.
As a Group Design Director, you:
- Drive design quality, practice, and offerings that meet business and user goals as well as create new offerings within Fjord.
- Deeply understand the market and can speak to our clients and the industry about our content, craft, and trends fluently and convincingly.
- Lead design points of view, proposal creation, and relationship management across key clients in studio.
- Own craft and capability output across the studio, ensuring each studio deliverable is of the highest quality.
- Demonstrate creativity in the pursuit of new business and leadership of teams.
- Manage and lead the studio's Design team, maintain motivation and morale, addressing team performance, and growth.
- Ensure that the design studio is using the most appropriate design methods and practices.
- Manage at least one account and oversee quality and output of all projects for that account. Establish and lead client and account relationships for successful account growth.
- Present at conferences as a Fjord ambassador.
Working together, we will:
- Design integrated ecosystems of innovative products and services.
- Explore and implement new ways for teams to collaborate with each other.
- Build and strengthen the multidisciplinary skillsets of designers across the