Accenture is one of the world’s leading providers of sourcing and procurement services, we help our clients architect, build and operate high performance procurement organizations through our global and flexible solutions. At Accenture we partner with forward-thinking business leaders of the world’s most dynamic companies, to transform procurement and drive sustainable changes to their cost structures.
As one of the leading procurement Business Process Services specialists, Accenture excels at helping companies build the foundation for long-term growth. We are committed to delivering exceptional service through our exceptional people, and as an employee you’d enjoy a fulfilling career in an innovative environment where challenging and interesting work is part of daily life.
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
Accenture people build careers in four different areas of our business: Consulting, Technology, Business Process Services and internal Corporate Functions. Each area offers a unique career experience and a compelling mix of work and training opportunities, work environment and structure for career progression.
Business Process Services professionals work on projects across a range of business processes, business applications and information technology. They may provide technology services, such as application management, infrastructure management and systems integration, or they may deliver business process services, including finance and accounting, procurement and human resources. Depending on the role, Business Process Services professionals may be based at a client’s office or in one of Accenture’s 50 delivery centers around the world.
As the Global Technology Category Director, you will be a trusted advisor to drive Technology procurement category strategies across the Accenture internal function. You will collaborate with Senior Accenture Leadership, Procurement Plus Leadership and regional teams to continue the strategic development and delivery excellence for Technology procurement solutions.
Specifically, you will:
- Leverage your exceptional relationship skills to engage with Senior Accenture leadership to understand the business strategy and IT ecosystem needed to deliver that strategy.
- Work collaboratively across the organization to build an IT category vision of how procurement can act as an orchestrator in driving value from the IT ecosystem
- Train, lead and mentor a Global onshore, offshore and nearshore IT team of approximately 65 professionals who execute IT purchases across all subcategories for both global and regional suppliers.
- Manage global staffing and headcount requirements by leveraging global skillsets and capacity to manage sourcing project pipeline
- Provide mentorship on the most strategic sourcing projects, including all key steps such as strategy development, supplier negotiation, award recommendations, business case presentations and supplier contract execution.
- Promote corporate objectives and change initiatives, ensuring that the IT sourcing team is supporting overall company direction and growth
- Ensure that the IT team follows the global Procurement Plus process using the standard templates and tools
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Drive the digital transformation for both Accenture and our clients
- Build and implement a vision of how to generate value through IT ecosystem beyond traditional sourcing and contracting
- Participate in the development and execution of global sourcing strategies
- Develop an offering that can be used as a showcase for Accenture clients