Executive Communications Manager, Technology Marketing & Communications
Organization: Corporate Function/Marketing + Communications
Locations: Chicago, Atlanta, Houston, DC
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions — underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network — Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With over 600,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Corporate Functions – Marketing + Communications
As part of this team, you’ll play a key role in helping Accenture execute its strategy. You’ll work with a diverse team of innovative marketing experts who focus on the following areas: global brand management and advertising; global events and sponsorships; internal communications; marketing research; media and industry analyst relations; corporate and financial communications; internet marketing; recruitment marketing; client-centric marketing; and industry, service line and geographic marketing campaigns.
Working as part of the global Technology Marketing + Communications team, this manager will have a wide range of responsibilities, including Cross Tech campaigns, special projects and communications programs, as well as managing Cross Tech M+C operational aspects, such as budget and tracking metrics and outcomes for Cross Tech initiatives.
We are looking for someone who can pivot and change direction as business dictates. Navigating ambiguity with grace and being simultaneously excellent at execution are critical to success in this role. The ideal candidate will have a strong writing background, as well as marketing and communications campaign experience.
- Draft presentations and talking points, briefing documents, messaging, video scripts, presentation decks, blogs, client stories and other materials.
- Write in compelling manner for different formats, mediums and audiences including long-form, short-form; social media, web, video; external and internal audiences among others.
- Develop compelling client stories and narratives about our work.
- Serve as project manager for campaigns, programs and strategic initiatives with attention to detail.
- Proactively learn and assimilate knowledge about emerging technologies and how they benefit business and society.
- Manage Cross Tech budget and track metrics and outcome for Cross Tech programs and initiatives.
- Team with others and collaborate across the company — including media relations, social media, government affairs, regional marketing teams, investor and analyst relations, corporate and internal communications towards strategic profile and reputation building as well as effective content marketing.
YOUR EXPERIENCE: Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required with marketing & communications, journalism or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in marketing and communications, preferably with some experience in the technology industry; experience in applying marketing concepts; branding and message development skills.
- Experience working in journalism, writing on deadline and depth of knowledge of technology industry is highly desirable.
- Previous executive communications experience highly desired.
- Excellent Digital, Social Media and PowerPoint skills.
- Proven ability to provide deep and original thinking about complex issues and make them easily understood by a broad audience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. The ability to present and communicate ideas clearly and persuasively at all levels to multiple audiences.
- Strong organization, program and time management and content development skills, with a demonstrated ability to meet milestones, meet tight deadlines and communicate status on concurrent projects.
- Excellent negotiation, influence, mediation, conflict management and executive stakeholder management skills.
- Bold creativity and a passion for new technology trends and the future.
- Willingness to learn quickly, take initiative and maintain focus.
- Ability to be flexible and work analytically in a virtual, problem-solving environment.
- Strong project management skills, organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills
- Exceptionally strong teaming skills.
- Excellent negotiation, influence, mediation and conflict management skills.
- Personal flexibility to work virtually, sometimes in the office (post COVID) or travel where and when required. Willingness to participate in virtual meetings outside of regular business hours to accommodate other time zones.
- Sensitivity to the cultural variances across different countries.
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian
Unless expressly indicated, this role is not open in the state of Colorado.
As required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, Accenture provides a reasonable range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only, the range of starting pay for this role is $88,600 - $139,399 and information on benefits offered is here.
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
LocationsGA - Atlanta,IL - Chicago,TX - Houston,VA - Arlington
Please be aware that Accenture requires all employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. Accenture will consider requests for medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement during the recruiting process.
Campaign Management Sr. Analyst
Marketing & Communications
Posted 7 days ago
52: Marketing Manager, Information Security & Client Data Protection Communications
Marketing & Communications
Posted 8 days ago
USA TX - Austin
2903: Creative Technologist – R&D
Marketing & Communications
Posted 8 days ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.