Editorial Associate Director
Organization: Corporate Function/Marketing + Communications
Location: New York preferred
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions — underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network — Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With over 500,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Corporate Functions – Marketing + Communications
As part of this team, you’ll play a key role in helping Accenture execute its strategy. You’ll work with a diverse team of innovative marketing experts who focus on the following areas: global brand management and advertising; global events and sponsorships; internal communications; marketing research; media and industry analyst relations; corporate and financial communications; internet marketing; recruitment marketing; client-centric marketing; and industry, service line and geographic marketing campaigns.
YOUR ROLE: Editorial Associate Director
The Editorial Associate Director will play a key role in promoting, protecting and defending the Accenture brand. In this role, you will coordinate with colleagues to support client projects and will also contribute to strategic planning, execution and management of a host of other projects and responsibilities handled by Corporate Communications.
As part of this team, you’ll work with a diverse team of innovative marketing experts who focus on the following areas: global brand management and advertising; global events and sponsorships; internal communications; marketing research; media and industry analyst relations; corporate and financial communications; internet marketing; recruitment marketing; client-centric marketing; and industry, service line and geographic marketing campaigns.
The role will be part of Accenture’s Marketing + Communications team, which supports our strategy, enhances our long-term relationships, inspires our candidates and our 506,000 people around the world and helps drive drives profitable revenue growth.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, well-seasoned communications professional with a track record in writing and editing. They will be detail-oriented, a proactive team player and a leader who possesses exemplary judgment, impeccable writing skills and an ability to turn abstract and complicated issues into simple and powerful narratives.
- Drive the development, writing and editing of a wide variety of materials, including key messages, executive communications, articles for leading business journals and news releases.
- Work closely with senior team members, client engagement teams and other relevant parties, including clients and vendors, as appropriate to shape ideas and narratives that align with Accenture’s strategic messages and themes.
- Provide editorial direction for the iconic thought leadership campaigns that our corporate communications team leads from conception to iteration to placement and promotion.
- Identify connection points across all our initiatives in order to develop overarching strategic storylines.
- Support and inform strategies for corporate reputation, corporate citizenship as well as inclusion, diversity and equality on an ongoing basis.
- Collaborate with the global media and industry analyst directors, industry marketing directors, client executives and other relevant parties to help develop content to lead timely responses to media and analyst requests.
YOUR EXPERIENCE: Basic Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Minimum of 15 years of marketing and communications experience
- Experience in a large global enterprise strongly preferred
- Experience in analyzing, developing and communicating complex information, as well as developing compelling external messages
- Exceptional writing, editing and oral communications skills – ability to produce compelling content to achieve desired results
- Maintain a consistent level of high quality across all written work
- Knowledge of core marketing communications and editorial essentials, including strategic message development, executive communications and AP style writing
- Track record of conceiving, writing, and coordinating external messaging, including talking points, news releases, video and audio content, social media and content creation for external events with multiple speakers
- Strong organizational skills, with ability to successfully manage multiple assignments simultaneously while collaborating with a team of marketing and communications professionals, including contractors and third-party vendors
- Proven track record of ghostwriting for voice and priorities
- Able to work effectively – and at speed – across functional and geographic groups
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong strategic, analytical thinking skills, with demonstrated excellence in creating and articulating positions
- Experience in integrated communications, including in-depth knowledge of global digital platforms (web, mobile, social), face-to-face channels, content strategy, publishing and management
- A creative, state-of-the-art communications professional who understands emerging technologies and media and has a passion for exploring new methods of communicating
- Baseline skills and experiences required for all Accenture Leadership roles include:
- Ability to meet with leaders within Accenture’s large, matrixed organization through effective relationship-building skills and an executive-level presence: a confident, proactive, collaborative counselor
- Understanding of Accenture’s business and strategy
- Ability to work well under pressure, as this role must deliver high-quality communications under tight deadlines
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian
- Your entrepreneurial spirit and vision will be rewarded, and your success will fuel opportunities for career advancement.
- You’ll make a difference for some pretty impressive clients. Accenture serves many of the Fortune Global 100 on high-profile projects.
- Opportunities to learn daily through training, assignments, and collaborating with experts across the company.
- Access to leading-edge technology.
- Along with a competitive salary, Accenture offers a comprehensive package including generous paid time off, an employee healthcare plan and a competitive 401K program. Learn more about our extensive rewards and benefits here.
Responsible Business Manager
Marketing & Communications
Posted 8 days ago
North America Story Originator and Writer
Marketing & Communications
Posted 10 days ago
Associate Director, Marketing & Communications – Cloud First Ecosystem Partners and Assets
Marketing & Communications
Posted 11 days ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.